• Advertisement

new wiring loom

Get help fixing your Isuzu from other club members

new wiring loom

Postby superturbocompound » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:20 am

couple days ago when i was testing the car at night,the lights died out on me,not fun.i took the liberty of looking underneath the dash and because t car was a secondhand vehicle,the alarm was installed rather unprofessionally(wire tapes,sliced wires every where),i ripped out all of the stuff thats not supposed to be there,and the car couldn't start now,(neve mind ,i got the manual),also many years ago the wiring loom from the fuel pump,temp sensors ,oil pressure and gear box took a beating between the engine and body(dono how?)and fried alot of the wires,so i will be building a new loom,(most wreakers have this bit of loom cut up for easy removal of the engine from the engine bay).i've got 2 sets of loom now,one from a big horn and the other from a MU,textures of the wires are different,these looms clean and flexible,where as the old ones crack easily,
the way i see me doing this is just to strip out all the wires that have the same colour code in the car and replace them,hopefully it won't be too difficult.good thing about doing this is now i know every wire goes where...(just hope itwon't take another4 years) hahaha
superturbocompound
Isuzu Baby

City: kota kinabalu
Vehicle: Isuzu rodeo

Re: new wiring loom

Postby superturbocompound » Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:36 am

something has gone wrong on the wiring loom,oil pressure gauge shoots to max when ever the car starts up and runs.i must have mixed up the earthing on the gauge.i may have grounded it to a common ground(black with silver dots wire) which i think is ok but there may be a seperate grounding for the gauge cluster,i don't know,i cannot find the wiring diagram for the oil pressure gauge, so i am at a loss,BTW just installed new electric window mechanism,for the first time in 10 years the window can go up and down now( hahaha a landmark experience)all the while tunning a/c.
superturbocompound
Isuzu Baby

Postby geeves » Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:08 pm

Do you have the set of TFS manuals from the gmail account? Im pretty sure there is a wireing loom schematic in there
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Postby superturbocompound » Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:12 am

yeah i'll go through it tomorrow.i did check the gauge cluter and the oil gauge does have an earth wire,but i make sure from the diagram...
superturbocompound
Isuzu Baby

Postby superturbocompound » Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:43 pm

problem solved.it was down to a faulty oil sender....
superturbocompound
Isuzu Baby

Return to Electrical