• Advertisement

Automatic locking doors on a 2000 Rodeo

Get help fixing your Isuzu from other club members

Automatic locking doors on a 2000 Rodeo

Postby stopop » Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:40 am

I unlock the car, open the a rear door to get my (small) kids in the back seats and before they're buckled in, the doors have all locked after 15 and the alarm goes off when you close the back door, unless you keep unlocking the doors with the fob.

I don't think the alarm fob is Isuzu as it doesn't have Isuzu written on it - it has a silver face, a blue LED and a fake wooden finish on the back. The alarm sounder is easy to find under the hood, the wire goes through the bulkhead into the cabin somewhere - so far, I haven't located the alarm control box, so QUESTION 1: does anyone know where they are normally fitted?

I like that the car locks itself if I forget to at the end of the day and also that it locks once I get going in the car, so I don't want to just cut the wires to the sounder - what I want is for the doors to not automatically lock if ANY of them are open (not just the drivers door).

Question 2: Are car alarms usually configurable??
stopop
Isuzu Baby

City: Accra
Vehicle: 2000 V6 Automatic Rodeo

Re: Automatic locking doors on a 2000 Rodeo

Postby pig75 » Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:00 am

The alarm is wired into the driver’s side door light switch. On some Isuzu’s there is a module that reminds you to take the key out when the driver’s door is open. If your alarm is wired before this module it will only work on the driver’s door. Example you unlock the door with the fob open any door except the driver’s door the vehicle will rearm itself. You need to move the alarm door switch wire too another door not the driver’s door then when any door is open when unlocked it will not rearm itself
92 MU, 91 MU ute, 90 MU, 96 Wizard, 14 MUX,2019 Dmax LSU
Australia's loudest MU
MY SITE MY YouTube SPL 152.3dB
If beef is in beef mince, What is in pet mince?
pig75
Site Admin

City: QLD
Vehicle: 90MU, 91MU ute & 92MU, 96 Wizard, 2014 MUX LST 2019 Dmax LSU

Postby Captcol » Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:25 pm

I had this feature on one of my cars, I had (i think it was called passive arming - doors and engine kill) come on about 30 secs after the car was turned off and hijack/carjack protection which locks the doors once the car goes over 15 or 40kmhr, may have been time. They were both options, got the door locking standing thingy turned off but had to use an auto sparky as my alarm was a all black wiring thingy. The modules them selves from the alarms i have seen are installed near the fusebox on the drivers side behind the dash sometimes zip tied to the steering column or in the drivers side kick panel.

I think you will need an auto sparky to sort unless you can find the model details on the brain and get a manual for it.
Captcol
Isuzu Guru

City: Whakatane
Vehicle: New to me 1996 Isuzu wizard with issues!

Postby iananita » Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:30 pm

Do you have an owner's manual for the vehicle?

Does not sound standard because most car markers use the horn for an alarm not a separate siren, will most likely be aftermarket, you will need to find the brains to get a make and model number then get a user manual for the alarm. These features as already mentioned are programable.
iananita
Isuzu Senior

City: Redcliffe
Vehicle: 1995 3.1 Jackaroo

Postby stopop » Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:43 am

Yeah I have the manual, I'll have another hunt for the brains & see if the Haynes manual has a diagram to help with moving the driver's door switch. Many thanks :)
stopop
Isuzu Baby

City: Accra
Vehicle: 2000 V6 Automatic Rodeo

Postby Captcol » Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:57 am

Does your truck have the key reminder tone? Another choice might be to remove the central locking motor off the drivers door - actually scratch that then you wouldn't have the drivers door lock or unlock from the alaram remote
Captcol
Isuzu Guru

City: Whakatane
Vehicle: New to me 1996 Isuzu wizard with issues!

Return to Electrical