• Advertisement

passenger side power window

Get help fixing your Isuzu from other club members

passenger side power window

Postby MatthewMU » Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:16 pm

after fixing the window switches (bloody stupid things) that solved the problem for the drivers side window, but the passenger side still didnt work, so i pulled the door apart to find that the motor was stuffed, well.. i thaught it was anyway.

after playing around with it for a while trying to get it to work i decided to hook it straight up to the car battery, and it started spinning straight away, so i plugged it all back in thinking it would be all good and start working. but noo, stupid thing still didnt work, so i check all the wires with a test light that run into the power window motor, they all have power, and power runs up to the switch....

soo to me everything is right except the wires must not be feeding enough power to the motor.

so for a dodgy fix, i tried stealing power off the central locking wires in the passenger door and running wires from there to the motor, worked, but will cook the switch in no time, and apart from that, when i lock the doors the bloddy window goes down... HANDY! hehe

any ideas on how to fix this problem?
was thinking maybe just cut the wires that go from the window motor and wiring them to a usb cable that i have and plugging that into my cig lighter adaptor?
MatthewMU
Isuzu Baby

City: Qld
Vehicle: 1991 Isuzu MU 2.8TD
4JB1
All stock standard.... except for the bigger motor (4JG2)

Re: passenger side power window

Postby geeves » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:32 pm

I have the same problem except mine goes away every time I get the tools out. Mines a 4 door bighorn and when it stops I lose all 4 windows normally just as the wife says let me wind this window up before that bog. Then if its sunny they work again but not if its about to rain.
I carry a length of wire now so I can hot wire each motor direct from the battery. They always work at home where the meter is
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Postby muzila » Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:06 pm

I dont no why it happns but if the drivers side switch is disconected the rest won't work at all. I found that one out for my self after pulling my hair owt for 3 hours trying to fix my passenger window. if the drivers switch it dodgy that not going to help.

Isuzu electric windows are a PITA at the best of times. 9 times out of 10 I have found the problem to be the switches..
muzila
Site Admin

City: Christchurch
Vehicle: 1991 2.8 TD Mu

Postby MatthewMU » Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:30 pm

ok, so in saying that, my master switch dosnt have the passenger switch or rockers in it, so that may be the problem aswell..
even though the passenger switch is still getting power to it?
MatthewMU
Isuzu Baby

4JB1

Postby geeves » Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:38 pm

the circuit goes through both switches Adds to the difficulty in diagnoses.
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Postby MatthewMU » Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:54 pm

just getting an auto leccy to come tomorow morning, expecive but hope it finds what is wrong with it!
MatthewMU
Isuzu Baby

4JB1

Return to Electrical