• Advertisement

initial start up.

Get help fixing your Isuzu from other club members

initial start up.

Postby B8MYHK » Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:36 pm

Any help on this one please.

On initial start up after glow plug light goes out I always hear a click. Just recently this has been sporadic thats why I am noticing it.. Seems to start ok but a bit rough until warm. Any ideas or am I having hallucinations because of this crazy Auckland weather. :roll:
B8MYHK
Isuzu Baby

City: Auckland
Vehicle: Honda Jazz Holden Colorado

Re: initial start up.

Postby geeves » Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:06 pm

If I understand you. You are starting the engine before the glow plug light goes out. Either way the click will just be the glow plug relay and nothing to worry about.
All the Honda Jazz got the 4jg2 engine which is indirect injection which gets quite fussy about the glow plugs being fully hot before starting from cold. You should always wait for the light to go out before starting.
Believe it or not I think Auckland has had better weather than Wellington the last couple of months. You should rejoice this rare event
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Postby B8MYHK » Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:54 am

Thanks for reply.
No I am waitiing for plug light to go out. There has always been a click when the light has gone out which is the relay I presume. Just not noticing it the past few days after the light has gone out but still starting As you say seems to be ok.I will keep an eye on it. :roll:
B8MYHK
Isuzu Baby

Postby B8MYHK » Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:48 pm

ALL ok seems like the relay must have been having a time out,or my brain was, the click is back.
B8MYHK
Isuzu Baby

Postby impaul » Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:45 am

mine does the same...i checked the glow timer and it appears to have an aftermarket unit fiteed.the glow lights goes out,then goes on and off for a few times,if i cycle it through twice it starts sweet when stone cold,if i start it on the first light out she fires and runs on 3 by the sounds,and a puff of smoke which is definately diesel,so would this indicate a dodgey glow plug??
impaul
Isuzu Baby

City: gm
Vehicle: mu

Postby geeves » Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:07 pm

Could be Check the glowplugs with an ohm meter the odd reading is the faulty one. Otherwise disconect one glow plug at a time and start 3 will run on 2 the 4th will run on 3 like now
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Postby B8MYHK » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:27 pm

Cheers
B8MYHK
Isuzu Baby