• Advertisement

Car Alarm Problems

Get help fixing your Isuzu from other club members

Car Alarm Problems

Postby maccamckinnon » Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:47 pm

I brought a Car Alarm off ebay. I hooked every thing up except for a couple of things. Its asking me to wrap a wire around the High Coil 7 times ( where is the High Coil? ) it also wants me to attach a relay to the High Coil ( any descriptions or photo's of what it looks like would be appreciated) and finally it wants me to connect another wire to the (-) Door Trigger. Where is this located?

As I asked before, pictures and descriptions would be very very handy
maccamckinnon
Isuzu Baby

City: Dubbo
Vehicle: 2.8L TD 1992 Mu

Re: Car Alarm Problems

Postby geeves » Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:07 pm

You dont have a high coil. This only applies to petrol cars and it is the high tension lead. Not sure how you would use this on a system with the coils on the plugs like the comadoors either.
The door trigger would be the relay that operates the interior light when the door opens. Easy way is to connect it at the light. Connect to the wire that connects to the switch
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Postby maccamckinnon » Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:21 pm

I have another wire that is to connect to the "ignition off output". Then the ignition off output is to connect to a relay and again to the High Coil (all under the sub heading Engine Cut Off Circuit), and to the battery.
maccamckinnon
Isuzu Baby

City: Dubbo
Vehicle: 2.8L TD 1992 Mu

Postby geeves » Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:11 pm

Sounds like it is to prevent or alarm on hotwireing. Closest thing on the diesel is the fuel cut off solinoid but this is just a 12v feed.
Might need to post the wireing diagram for the alarm
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Return to Electrical