• Advertisement

Finding an Alternator

Get help fixing your Isuzu from other club members

Finding an Alternator

Postby TheMuGuy » Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:21 pm

Would anyone know where I can pick up a Alternator for a 1995 Isuzu Mu with the 4JG2 engine in it, in Australia,Qld Sunshine coast, also I heard the TD42 GQ Alternator will fit? someone said to just make sure that the Alternator has the round plug? THanks
TheMuGuy
Isuzu Baby

City: Nambour
Vehicle: 1995 Isuzu Mu

Re: Finding an Alternator

Postby stardog » Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:52 am

Have a look on EBay that's where I got mine from.
stardog
Isuzu Deity

City: sydney
Vehicle: 96 wizard 3.1 top mount intercooler bulbar winch snorkel 2" lift front diff lock aftermarket transmission cooler.

Postby Kangaroo22 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:46 pm

Yea, I've got an 4JB1 Mu 92 and I'm desperate for a new alternator as the vaccum pump isn't working. Anyone have a clue?
Cheers, J
Kangaroo22
Isuzu Baby

City: Sydney
Vehicle: Black Isuzu Mu 1992 2.8T auto

Postby geeves » Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:43 pm

Ive seen them on Aliexpress Others find them on ebay but asking for a same year diesel rodeo one should work.
Vac pumps rarely break. Check for vacumm leaks first
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Postby Kangaroo22 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:01 pm

I did buy a rodeo one, when the genuine one broke. However my mechanic reckons that its most likely the wrong type and the one way vavle isn't holding vaccum properly or something. (or it could be broken I bought it for 150 of ebay a year ago(( the ad says "fits 4JB1" (But must only be rodeo 4JB1). He reckons not leaking just broken vaccuum pump, but who bloody knows, i sure dont haha!

Can't find anything on Ebay, besides the rodeo one which i already have with the bad vaccum . http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Holden-Jacka ... ddc&_uhb=1
I'm wondering if this rodeo one is the right one or just the same thing i got.
http://www.autoelectricsdirect.com.au/i ... uct_id=316
Kangaroo22
Isuzu Baby

Postby geeves » Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:09 pm

cant see any reason why either of those wont work
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Postby stardog » Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:19 pm

Might have leaking diafram on the brake booster do you have a squeak noise when you push the brake pedal also when was the brake fluid last changed and bled.
stardog
Isuzu Deity

Vehicle: 96 wizard 3.1 top mount intercooler bulbar winch snorkel 2" lift front diff lock aftermarket transmission cooler.

Postby Kangaroo22 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:53 pm

Thank you everyone for the replies, this forum has been very helpful, knowledgeable and friendly I genuinely appreciate your time guys.

@ Geeves - Ok thanks, (I don't know if the ebay one is broken or isn't compatible.)

@ Stardog - The mechanic said it was holding pressure so not leaking but after two pushes of the brake it would then loose pressure I'm not exactly sure.
No squeak noise, and I haven't done that ever I don't think, I've had the car for 2 yearsish.

Cheers,
Kangaroo22
Isuzu Baby

Postby stardog » Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:23 pm

I would be bleeding the brakes with new brake fluid start with left then rear right rear then left front and then right front last until the new fluid comes out its a 2 person job also the engine needs to be running for vacuum system to work or get a plastic bottle put some brake fluid in it and a hose of the bleed nipple into the bottle so it don't suck air into the brake lines.
Which suburb are you in Sydney I live near randwick myself.
stardog
Isuzu Deity

Return to Electrical