• Advertisement

power windows

Get help fixing your Isuzu from other club members

power windows

Postby frederick » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:50 am

Hi, one of my windows does not work now from either the master switch and or the door one. I have tried changing the switches but it still won't work. The window motor still works if directly supplied with power. Summer is coming and would really be keen on making it work before it really gets hot. Thanks in advance. :?: :?: could not find any threads regarding it.
frederick
Isuzu Baby

City: auckland
Vehicle: 1993 Isuzu Big Horn 3.1 TD

Re: power windows

Postby MrBIGHORN » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:13 pm

Try opening and closing the drivers door while holding down the switch.
You will find you have a broken wire between the pillar and the drivers door as both of my
back windows no longer work now and that was the only way i got them to go back up.
User Name Now Blondini

Mate gave me 20L diesel
Turned out to be 20L kerosine
Dam it went fast (For a while)
MrBIGHORN
Isuzu Junior

City: TAURANGA
Vehicle: 93 IZUSU BIGHORN 3.1 TDI 5 DOOR
POD FILTER, 2 1/2" EXHAUST AND FREE FLOW MUFFLER
HOME MADE 3" SNORKEL

Postby geeves » Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:12 pm

Either that or cleaning the contacts inside the switches. You realy need a multimeter to diagnose whats going on but this and bighorns suggestion are the 2 most common causes
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Postby Kenneth » Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:59 pm

When this happened to me I found that the winder mechanism had totally collapsed. Take the interior door cover off and have a look. It has a drum mechanism for the operating cables which is made of plastic and mine was unrepairable. I would not even try to replace it it looked so complicated and inacessable. A wrecker wanted $50 for a complete door which is the way I will go if I ever get round ti it.
Ken
Kenneth
Isuzu Baby

City: Kaiapoi
Vehicle: Isuzu Bighorn

Postby frederick » Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:35 am

Hi all, sorry for the late reply, work got busy before the holidays. the motor does not run now either. I tested it with a multimeter and it has power on the switches. then supplied power to the motor wires straight and still did not go. Found a motor in trademe but its for the front one. would the motor fit on the rear side? Thanks for all the replies! Happy Holidays!
frederick
Isuzu Baby

City: auckland
Vehicle: 1993 Isuzu Big Horn 3.1 TD

Return to Electrical