• Advertisement

1992 isuzu npr troubles - vac, brake, batt light

Get help fixing your Isuzu from other club members

1992 isuzu npr troubles - vac, brake, batt light

Postby 9986mkoh » Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:11 pm

Hi,
I have a 1992 Isuzu NPR chassis in my safari trek motorhome. It has 113,000 miles and is in great condition and worked great up until just after I started it and pulled it out of storage to work on it this winter. First off, I replaced the charge relay and alternator together and it worked - for maybe 15 minutes. Before I throw more time/money at this I would like to get some input as to what to do or look at/test. There is no output from the alternator, batteries do not charge. I've traced wires to verify nothing is incorrect and to the best of my knowledge that is the case. Originally when this showed up, I looked at the alternator and saw that the terminal was ripped/loose so that could cause some problems. However I do not know where to look next.

Thanks for any suggestions!

MIKE

Edit: It is the 3.9 diesel, 4BD2T I believe.
9986mkoh
I'm only here for the information

City: brookfield
Vehicle: 1992 Isuzu npr (safari trek motorhome)

Re: 1992 isuzu npr troubles - vac, brake, batt light

Postby geeves » Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:15 pm

We dont use that engine in our vehicles because it is a truck not suv engine. However the basics are the same. The charge relay would of been blue or brown. These are voltage sensing relays and must be changed like for like.
If you have the correct charge relay take the alternator to your local auto electrician and he will be able to test it etc
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Return to Electrical