• Advertisement

wizards back windows

Get help fixing your Isuzu from other club members

wizards back windows

Postby stardog » Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:31 pm

Decided to find out why my wizards rear electric windows wouldn't work so took the regulators and motors out.
Right rear cable all twisted up waiting for a frontera 1 to arrive now to fix that 1 put some cable ties and a screw to hold it up for now.
Left rear motor dead lets open it up full of rusty water and seized so stripped it down soaked in wd40 for a hour unseized now in the mean time have fitted a frontera 1 in there just a bit of fabrication and some new holes drilled works like new now.
stardog
Isuzu Deity

City: sydney
Vehicle: 96 wizard 3.1 top mount intercooler bulbar winch snorkel 2" lift front diff lock aftermarket transmission cooler.

Re: wizards back windows

Postby geeves » Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:22 pm

use the motor from the other side?
I had a front window throw a cable Replaced the mechinism with one from a dual cab rodeo. I might still have the old motor.
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Re: wizards back windows

Postby stardog » Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:50 pm

Geeves I pulled the motor apart and cleaned it all up with some WD40 and some wet and dry and sand paper then put some new grease in and it works again.
When I took the passenger side one out the plastic bits just fell to bits.
Not a easy job getting those motors back together again as well.
stardog
Isuzu Deity

City: sydney
Vehicle: 96 wizard 3.1 top mount intercooler bulbar winch snorkel 2" lift front diff lock aftermarket transmission cooler.

Return to Electrical