• Advertisement

4JB1 glow plug system

Get help fixing your Isuzu from other club members

4JB1 glow plug system

Postby magicdeo » Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:15 am

Gday all, i have a 97 2.8 rodeo and the glowplug system has always worked faultlessly. Lately though, the glowplugs have been coming on and off as normal but the CSD wont disengage causing the engine to be very loud. Anyone know what could cause this? I disconnected the thermo switch on the thermostat housing when the engine was hot and the glow plugs glowed for maximum time but the engine still sounded the same. Any ideas?
Cheers
magicdeo
Isuzu Junior

City: Newcastle
Vehicle: 1997 Holden Rodeo

Re: 4JB1 glow plug system

Postby stardog » Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:47 pm

Unplug the wire on top of the injector pump should be green cap cover and see what happens if it makes any difference I have this disconnected on my 2.8 rodeo engine and it runs ok with out it.
Its the 1 above the fuel solenoid plug.
stardog
Isuzu Deity

City: sydney
Vehicle: 96 wizard 3.1 top mount intercooler bulbar winch snorkel 2" lift front diff lock aftermarket transmission cooler.

Postby isuzurob » Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:51 pm

the csd is inside the injector pump behind the steel plates held on with 2 10mm head bolts or sometimes allen key heads, its just a termal wax stat thing, ive never seen one play up, as ive said that idler bearing to the injector pump fails and the idler and injector pump gears chatter together, engine runs fine is just normally twice as noisy
isuzurob
Global Moderator

City: Taupo
Vehicle: 1990 Isuzu Bighorn 2.8t/d, 3" extended shackles, 2" body lift, 33" silverstone extreme tyres, Front+rear bars, winch with 40m dyneex rope, 21/2 inch exhaust, lokka's front+rear, custom turbo, emissions removed, injector pump modified and more

Postby magicdeo » Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:32 pm

Ok cheers
magicdeo
Isuzu Junior

City: Newcastle
Vehicle: 1997 Holden Rodeo

Return to Electrical