• Advertisement

1996 Isuzu Wizard Starting Not Starting on Cold

Get help fixing your Isuzu from other club members

1996 Isuzu Wizard Starting Not Starting on Cold

Postby leeham » Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:32 pm

Hi Guys,

I own a 1996 Isuzu Wizard Mu which has down about 200ks. In the last few months I have noticed that it is becoming more and more difficult to start when cold in the morning. What is happening is that when I try start it, the starter will engage momentarily i.e. 'half turns over' and then creates a high pitch whine. It will eventually start after a few attempts and once driven around for a few minutes it will start with no issues if turned off. To me it seems like the starter solenoid is slipping off when engaged but I am 100% sure. Has anyone had a similar experience or other suggestion for might be causing the issue?

The only other thought I had was that it could be something to do with the timing or the engine it self. I have noticed that the problem began after I had the cam and timing belt done. But this could just be coincidence.

Any advice would be much appreciated as I am keen to try lock in the problem before I go and spend money as I am on a budget with kids and family etc.

Cheers,
leeham
I'm only here for the information

City: CHCH
Vehicle: WIZARD

Re: 1996 Isuzu Wizard Starting Not Starting on Cold

Postby geeves » Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:40 pm

does sound like the starter solinoid
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Re: 1996 Isuzu Wizard Starting Not Starting on Cold

Postby powerguy » Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:13 am

Checked your battery?
powerguy
Isuzu Baby

City: Motueka
Vehicle: 2015 D-Max