• Advertisement

Fog/spot lightrs to LED light bar

Get help fixing your Isuzu from other club members

Fog/spot lightrs to LED light bar

Postby suzinoobie » Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:19 pm

Just a quick note to say this site extremely awesome !!!!!! :D Had an issue with the stock fog/spots on my bighorn as they were rusty and a bit floppy on the bullbar mounts and the WOF man says fix or else. Sooooooooooooo i managed to get the buggers off and went on Aliexpress and found a beaut 108w 17" bar for around $75NZ It has a spot section each end and flood in the middle. AAAAAAAAAAAAnd the mounts are adjustable too for the holes in the bullbar!! :P :D Nek minute when i check, i got no power to the lead.????? Checked buy pulling out the switch - working--power to the plug it goes in -working. Fuse is ok? no power still. Thats where Club Isuzu comes into the awsomeness!! :D Read thru the posts and some dear chap says "THE FOG/SPOT LIGHTS ONLY WORK WHEN THE PARK LIGHTS OR HEAD LIGHTS ARE ON" :idea: EUREAKA!! ALL FIXED
I am so frikking happy. Thank you
M2H
suzinoobie
Isuzu Baby

City: Waipu
Vehicle: 1993 Isuzu Bighorn lotus 3.2 V6 Petrol

Re: Fog/spot lightrs to LED light bar

Postby geeves » Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:36 am

Not quite
The light bar has to be wired independently from all other lights as its classed as an accessory light
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Postby turnturn » Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:13 pm

Also there is a difference between Spot (driving) lights and Fog lights. They are wired up differently.
turnturn
Global Moderator

City: Dunedin
Vehicle: 1992 Isuzu Mu 2.8 Manual (UCS55)
Snorkle, Intercooled
1993 Isuzu Mu 2.8 Manual (UCS55)
Spare Parts/Donor
1994 Isuzu Mu 3.1 Manual (UCS69)
Snorkle, Intercooled
1996 Isuzu Mu 3.1 Manual (UCS69)
Completely Standard

Postby geeves » Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:42 pm

I have a light bar to go on mine but have a few issues that are going to slow things down. I didnt buy the 17 inch complete with harness so have to make the harness but it was cheaper. Thats not the problem though. Mines the 22 inch 120w version so has to mount low and guess where my winch solenoid box is. Last time I had to do anything with the solinoid box it was bull bar off as its bolted directly above the winch. The killer though is the mounting bar took a knock and as soon as I take it off the mounts are going to spring in never to go back on.
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Postby suzinoobie » Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:50 am

OK thanks for the info guys. I have a wof coming up soon so i will leave it til the warrant man says i need to change it :P Hope you get it sussed Geeves
Regards
Wayne
M2H
suzinoobie
Isuzu Baby

City: Waipu
Vehicle: 1993 Isuzu Bighorn lotus 3.2 V6 Petrol

Return to Electrical