• Advertisement

faulty speedo

Get help fixing your Isuzu from other club members

faulty speedo

Postby Kevin1 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:35 pm

hi everyone new to group hoping someone can help.have a 96 bighorn 3.1td intercooled automatic. speedo only reads up to 70km and reads 70 even when doing slower speed if u speed up sbove 70 speedo starts to drop, odometer still reading ok.any help would be appreciated thinking it might be easier to replace and get mileage redone with ltsa anyways cheers kevin
Kevin1
I'm only here for the information

City: huntly
Vehicle: 1997 Isuzu bighorn 3.1 diesel automatic

Re: faulty speedo

Postby geeves » Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:38 am

most likely the speedo sensor on the gearbox. This is electronic and sends a pulse to the speedo which sends a signal to the ecu for the auto. If its not going over 70 it may not be getting into overdrive. My wizard did this but slightly different. When cold it worked fine but then started pulsing and eventually just went to 0 While pulsing the gearbox was changing gear in sympathy making it effectivly undrivable.
Auto sparky can test the sensor etc quite quickly and cheaply.
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Re: faulty speedo

Postby Kevin1 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:06 pm

yeah still changing gear properly and its going into overdrive fine I think someones had a go at speedo inside and going off mileage on warrant forms they have been unsuccessfull but they have stuffed speedo some how.
Kevin1
I'm only here for the information

City: huntly
Vehicle: 1997 Isuzu bighorn 3.1 diesel automatic

Return to Electrical