• Advertisement

4JG2 cut out troubles

Get help fixing your Isuzu from other club members

4JG2 cut out troubles

Postby MickD » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:32 am

Hey guys, I have a 1997 Wizard auto, have owned it just shy of a year. A few months a go I got a cracked head, have replaced that since. The engine has done 135,000kms, has been running fine since having the head work done.

Fast forward to a few weeks a go I was driving my wagon, all was well. Got home parked it up for the night, then we got 100mm of rain over night (not sure if the rainfall could be a source of the problem or just a coincidence) went to take the wagon for a drive the next day. Started up fine, then the revs were hunting a bit, gave it a bit of gas and it cut out right away. Then wouldn't start up again. Left it for the day, then would start up the next morning fine, but would cut out again after a few minutes.

Had a work mate come over and help me do a bit of trouble shooting, unplugged some of the electrics and gave them a bit of spray to displace any moisture, still no luck.

So if any of you have any suggestions fire them my way, might take me a while before I can put them into action as I'm not very mechanically minded.

Cheers everyone.
MickD
I'm only here for the information

City: Auckland
Vehicle: 4GJ2 1997 Isuzu Wizard

Re: 4JG2 cut out troubles

Postby isuzurob » Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:44 pm

Try cleaning the electrical plugs to the injector pump, the efi injector pumps do fault with the exact symptoms you discribed
isuzurob
Global Moderator

City: Taupo
Vehicle: 1990 Isuzu Bighorn 2.8t/d, 3" extended shackles, 2" body lift, 33" silverstone extreme tyres, Front+rear bars, winch with 40m dyneex rope, 21/2 inch exhaust, lokka's front+rear, custom turbo, emissions removed, injector pump modified and more

Postby MickD » Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:54 pm

Workmate had already tried that with no luck. The wagon seems to run a lot longer when it's given some revs.

After it cut out yesterday, I tried to start it again, with no luck. So gave it some gas just as it tried to fire and it started. The rev gauge kept dropping down to 0, and check engine light was flickering on and off too.
MickD
I'm only here for the information

City: Auckland
Vehicle: 4GJ2 1997 Isuzu Wizard

Postby isuzurob » Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:26 pm

Sounds like the pump is faulty
isuzurob
Global Moderator

City: Taupo
Vehicle: 1990 Isuzu Bighorn 2.8t/d, 3" extended shackles, 2" body lift, 33" silverstone extreme tyres, Front+rear bars, winch with 40m dyneex rope, 21/2 inch exhaust, lokka's front+rear, custom turbo, emissions removed, injector pump modified and more

Return to Electrical