• Advertisement

UBS69 3.1 earth cable

Get help fixing your Isuzu from other club members

UBS69 3.1 earth cable

Postby JWhat » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:15 pm

I'll post this as well as keep searching. Where will I find the main ground/ earth points on these wagons? I've located the simple one straight off the battery terminal above ac pump. Where's the main earth from engine to chassis? Is there a specific ground for the starter? Over just had the starter recoed and I can't get the engine to fire. Turns over slow, won't fire, terminals get warm straight away and the starter solenoid gets warm... I want to eliminate the earth points being an issue
JWhat
Isuzu Baby

City: Auckland
Vehicle: Surf?

Re: UBS69 3.1 earth cable

Postby geeves » Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:52 pm

earth cable on battery should be a double cable. One to the engine and one to the chassis. Look for a loose big cable not far from the battery. If not make a cable and attach to any decent engine bolt. Running without the engine earth can cause problems you wouldnt expect. I heard a story a while ago about an auto trans that needs a rebuild but opening they found electrolytic corrosion everywhere. Essentially the trans was a throw away. The cause was traced to a missing earth lead
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Postby JWhat » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:25 pm

Awesome mate cheers.
Will have a more thorough look tomorrow
JWhat
Isuzu Baby

Vehicle: Surf?

Postby Ricardo999 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:24 am

I have a 4JG2 with added performance and added a fatter earth and replaced the power cable with a fatter one. Earth straight from battery to chassis about twice as fat. Made a difference to starting.
Ricardo999
Isuzu Baby

Vehicle: 1996 Isuzu Bighorn 3.1 TD

Return to Electrical