• Advertisement

radio

Get help fixing your Isuzu from other club members

radio

Postby wally3800 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:51 am

Hello All

1994 Isuzu Trooper ls installed new radio the other day and has power going to is but is not coming on. the wires are all hooked up correctly and and now blown fuses anywhere> any ideas and yes i looked at schematics. I also have no power to overhead dome light and doors , not sure if has anything to do with it? and yes has a good ground.
wally3800
Isuzu Baby

City: cos
Vehicle: 1994 Isuzu Trooper LS

Re: radio

Postby dizzydice169 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:37 am

Have you tried to hook the red wire ( 12v ignition wire), and the Yellow (12v battery wire) directly up to a constant power wire to check that the head unit isn't faulty. You may still have to turn the key on to ACC for power.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dizzydice169
Isuzu Baby

City: Waiuku
Vehicle: 1995 Isuzu Mu

Re: radio

Postby greegree » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:23 pm

i have a similar problem. i got my new head unit wired in and working used it that day for a few hours then parked it over night and the next day the fuse in the radio was blown. I replaced the fuse and re-did some of the wiring to the radio just to be safe really. it worked that day as well but the next day the radio wouldn't turn on. all the fuses are fine and it has both the constant and the ignition controlled power going to it cant figure out what could be wrong. could the head unit be fried?
greegree
Isuzu Baby

City: Hastings
Vehicle: 1985Isuzu MU 1.3L turbo diesel

Return to Electrical