• Advertisement

Air con relay

Get help fixing your Isuzu from other club members

Air con relay

Postby andy120 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:17 am

One of our 95 wizards has had the air con stop working. Is there a relay somewhere for the compressor? The fuse in the relay/fuse box is ok, the clutch engages when +12v applied directly and the a/c button says it's on.
andy120
Isuzu Junior

City: Gore
Vehicle: 2 manual Wizards + 1 auto

Re: Air con relay

Postby DonaldNZ » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:50 am

Bypass the hp / lp switch, if the clutch pulls in then it's likely low gas pressure due to a leak,
common place is the pump seal.
If you are unsure get yr local ac shop to test the gas pressure. Re gassing may only work for a short time until the leak is sorted.
DonaldNZ
Isuzu Junior

City: mainland
Vehicle: wizard ucs69 4jg2t electronic pump & 30-43le trans.
Extra trans cooler in series & before radiator trans cooler.
airlift airbags in rear springs running 5-25psi, so far worked a treat, no longer bottoms out with 5 people and gear and still doesn't rattle me one up and empty. Watch the us paddle switches as my first pair leak. I've air electric replacements yet to fit.

Postby andy120 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:56 am

will check it.
andy120
Isuzu Junior

City: Gore
Vehicle: 2 manual Wizards + 1 auto

Postby DonaldNZ » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:34 am

while interior fan on, engine running at idle, hp/lp [high pressure / low pressure] is bypassed only long enough to determine pump runs, like 2 seconds max at idle, This will tell you if the pump control system is working.
I've had them where its been open to atmosphere for years and the drier maxed out and pump locked up, and you see the belt load up as the clutch slips.
off road use the leak could be anywhere.

If the pump doesn't run when hp/lp bypassed, I'll be more useful help if you please provide the correct as possible heating and cooling wiring diagram. I look for in rough order of preference; only published by car maker, year, manufacturing plant, country of manufacture wiring diagram. I have found haynes and clymer to be a wag [wild as guess] at times or the US & UK 'assembled' cars use different colours and systems.
DonaldNZ
Isuzu Junior

City: mainland
Vehicle: wizard ucs69 4jg2t electronic pump & 30-43le trans.
Extra trans cooler in series & before radiator trans cooler.
airlift airbags in rear springs running 5-25psi, so far worked a treat, no longer bottoms out with 5 people and gear and still doesn't rattle me one up and empty. Watch the us paddle switches as my first pair leak. I've air electric replacements yet to fit.

Return to Electrical