• Advertisement

1992 Trooper 3.2l SOHC Crankshaft sensor removal

Get help fixing your Isuzu from other club members

1992 Trooper 3.2l SOHC Crankshaft sensor removal

Postby Brycadet » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:36 pm

Hey all,
I have located the crankshaft positioning sensor and I can't figure out how I am supposed to get it out. I have tried extensions with wobblies, end wrenches, etc. My fear is once I am successful at getting it out, how the heck will I get it back in. Any help or tricks to access it easier would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Brycadet
I'm only here for the information

City: Portland
Vehicle: 1992 Isuzu Trooper 3.2 SOHC

Re: 1992 Trooper 3.2l SOHC Crankshaft sensor removal

Postby Brycadet » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:42 pm

So after not wanting to mess with taking off the exhaust bolts (they almost ways break off) and dropping the exhaust so I can access the sensor I decided on a different mode of attack. For those of you that do not know where this little bugger is, it is located on the passenger side lower block. You can barely se it if you look over the tire into the engine bay. I could get a wobbly on it and take it off, but I still could not reach it to unplug it if I did get it off. So you can imagine what a pain in the but it would be to re-attach a new one and then get the bolt rethreaded after replacing it. Impossible. I decided to unbolt the motor mounts and jack the engine up about 3". This put my exhaust manifold high enough that I could reach in and do everything from the side with minimal effort. I did take the front tire off as well just for ease of movement. I hope this helps someone else in the future that doesn't want to risk breaking the bolts on the exhaust. Cheers
Brycadet
I'm only here for the information

City: Portland
Vehicle: 1992 Isuzu Trooper 3.2 SOHC

Return to Electrical