• Advertisement

1990 2.6 Pickup No Fire

Get help fixing your Isuzu from other club members

1990 2.6 Pickup No Fire

Postby Ironheadchop » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:54 am

Hello all, I am still trying to figure out what is wrong with my pickup. Replaced the coil, cap, and the rotor and still it just cranks. Had a local guy come and he said i have power at the coil and am getting plenty of fuel. He said more than likely the ICM or (power switch) was bad. I went to the parts store and picked up a new power switch. I took it off from under the manifold and made a ground wire for it as it needs a ground to work and still have no spark. It just cranks and cranks. Opened up the oil cap and had a buddy crank it and everything is turning like it should so that leads me to believe its not a broke timing chain. Short of trying a new distributor or ecm im at a loss. I cant find the ECM on this pickup either. Hoping someone here may have some more insight for me. 
Ironheadchop
I'm only here for the information

City: PARKERSBURG
Vehicle: 1990 2.6 Pickup 4WD

Re: 1990 2.6 Pickup No Fire

Postby DonaldNZ » Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:39 pm

Gidday
take a photo of the distributor with the cap and rotor removed and post it here.

Do you have a 12v test light, mine is a 12v 5w bulb with one end connected to a wire and clip the other a metal pointy thing designed to slip under your nail in a jiffy and fill the swear jar.

find the ignition coil

does the coil have 2 thin wires [low tension ] and one thicker rubberised one {high tension ht] hooked up toi the middel of the distributor cap ?

put the clip onto the battery terminal minus [ - ]

poke the low tension wires , [DON'T join them by clumsy poking or this may be bad] one at a time with the key on and see if bulb glows

if it does poke one at a time while cranking, does one stay on and one flash ?

Do you have a led, diode, 1 k resistor, wire , solder and a soldering iron ?

report your findings

Kind regards Donald
DonaldNZ
Isuzu Junior

City: mainland
Vehicle: wizard ucs69 4jg2t electronic pump & 30-43le trans.
Extra trans cooler in series & before radiator trans cooler.
airlift airbags in rear springs running 5-25psi, so far worked a treat, no longer bottoms out with 5 people and gear and still doesn't rattle me one up and empty. Watch the us paddle switches as my first pair leak. I've air electric replacements yet to fit.

Return to Electrical