• Advertisement

Fusebox and Relay Diagram

Get help fixing your Isuzu from other club members

Fusebox and Relay Diagram

Postby HBKHHH » Thu May 16, 2019 7:55 am

Hi

Guys I have just bought a 1990 Isuzu Trooper Bighorn 2.8TD Intercooled but only the front passenger (left) window works Right side rear and front have no power and left rear tries to work but doesnt move i was hoping someone might have a copy of the fusebox and relay diagrams so i can check these first before going any further also there are 2 sensors( well i think they are) right in front of the engine next to each other where the big hose from the radiator connects to the engine could anybody tell me exactly what they are as they are rusty so cleary need replacing one has even had its wire fall off

Thanks
Stephen
HBKHHH
Isuzu Baby

City: St Clement
Vehicle: Isuzu Trooper Bighorn 1990

Re: Fusebox and Relay Diagram

Postby isuzurob » Thu May 16, 2019 4:05 pm

More than likely it will be the switches very common on the gen 1 bighorns
isuzurob
Global Moderator

City: Taupo
Vehicle: 1990 Isuzu Bighorn 2.8t/d, 3" extended shackles, 2" body lift, 33" silverstone extreme tyres, Front+rear bars, winch with 40m dyneex rope, 21/2 inch exhaust, lokka's front+rear, custom turbo, emissions removed, injector pump modified and more

Postby DonaldNZ » Thu May 16, 2019 5:19 pm

I use around 800 -1000 paper to clean up window switch contacts and a little meths to wash the paper so I don't drag as much of the cleanings across the contact surface. If the switch shows melting or contact have changed colour through over heating its a wast of time.

Keeping the regulator assembly driving the window free and an easy run unloads the switches and motors heaps.
DonaldNZ
Isuzu Junior

City: mainland
Vehicle: wizard ucs69 4jg2t electronic pump & 30-43le trans.
Extra trans cooler in series & before radiator trans cooler.
airlift airbags in rear springs running 5-25psi, so far worked a treat, no longer bottoms out with 5 people and gear and still doesn't rattle me one up and empty. Watch the us paddle switches as my first pair leak. I've air electric replacements yet to fit.

Postby BrianR » Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:32 pm

Hi, I have a 1994 Isuzu Elf 3l diesel (jap import) . A couple of days ago it won’t start. No power to glow plugs. Can’t find the relay . It starts if I jumper from a power supply to glow plugs for a few seconds. Does any member know where the relays are? Glow plug indicator comes on with the ignition. We live in Qld. but have been travelling in Victoria where it’s been very cold. BrianR
BrianR
Isuzu Baby

City: Doonan
Vehicle: 1994 Isuzu Elf 3l

Postby DonaldNZ » Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:29 pm

Gidday Bazz
I repaired one 6 months ago , starter wouldn't crank and it looked as though glow was in the same box behind the passengers side front wheel guess 400mm in front of the battery.

this carried gardening supplies and the lot was rotten, poor connections to the start relay and fuseholder if yours is too or the terminal terminals or loom connectors to the relays or fuseholders and a wee squeeze aint going to do it as its gotten soft and intermittent, pick a warm day or use a hair dryer for twenty minutes to soften things up and get it in the mood for coming apart without shattering.
then you can get at the back of it and see whats going on.

run a similar size wire from the starter motor battery connection via a what ever fuse say 40 A say as yours might be 24v, If you haven't got a 50 amp holder [ I dont use a gold sub woofer holder] buy a bag of 10 of the 3mm wire size water resistant with rubber boots over a blade fuse [ I like the red ones] from ashdown ingrams in aussie or your local auto sparky grab say 4 and join them in paralell and put say a 10 Amp fuse in each one and theres your 40 Amp low loss fuse, hook one end of four fuses to the starterthe other to the heavy wire going to the glow relay. I's put and put the relay in a small tupperware container with a hold drilled in the bottom and join up the glow wire and extend the two thin ones in the rotten box to switch the relay and your in business.
DonaldNZ
Isuzu Junior

City: mainland
Vehicle: wizard ucs69 4jg2t electronic pump & 30-43le trans.
Extra trans cooler in series & before radiator trans cooler.
airlift airbags in rear springs running 5-25psi, so far worked a treat, no longer bottoms out with 5 people and gear and still doesn't rattle me one up and empty. Watch the us paddle switches as my first pair leak. I've air electric replacements yet to fit.

Postby BrianR » Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:57 am

Thanks Donald, The relay box is there in front of the battery. I was unable to access it because the camper has been built over it. I will have to modify the battery cradle so I can get to it. Too big of a job being on the road, will wait till I get home. Brian :D
BrianR
Isuzu Baby

4jg2 elf dash cluster

Postby BrianR » Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:29 am

Hi Guys, I have a switch which has been fitted under the dash on my 1994 Elf. 2 wires connect to back of cluster labelled 12v M/T. Does not seem to do anything. does anybody know what its function is? BrianR
BrianR
Isuzu Baby

Return to Electrical