• Advertisement

few issues

Get help fixing your Isuzu from other club members

few issues

Postby mudslinger » Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:08 am

hey all

I just brought another mu it had the 3.1 in it but it now has had a 2.8 put in. the wiring is a mess. a couple plugs dont even
line up to anything off the injector pump. on top of the pump is 3 wires that come off it, the plug is compeletly different to whats on the loom. the loom has a wide plug and off the pump is a different 3 pin plug. do i need these wires plugged in? what do they do?

Secondly the oil pressure sender is not hooked up. i have found the blue wire which plugs onto the side of it but unable to find a wire that goes on top of it or even where the wire is suppose to plug into. Took me an hour to find the plug for the tach, that was hiding behind the injector pump.

Any help would be appreciated
mudslinger
Isuzu Master

City: CHCH
Vehicle: 91 mu 2.8TD manual

Re: few issues

Postby cidadaesal » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:34 am

hi. got fairly similar problem myself only i'm putting a 3.1 into a tf pick up.is the oil pressure sender the 2"ish cylinder low down on the engine betwen the injector pump and starter as you look side on? will keep you updated if/when i find out more.
cidadaesal
I'm only here for the information

City: cork
Vehicle: ls pick up 3.1d
3.1 trooper

Re: few issues

Postby Yarno » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:22 pm

Get the loom from a 2.8 MU, should be cheap as they are very simple. It may plug in...
Yarno
FAQ Team

City: Brisbane
Vehicle: Isuzu MU 93 V8 monster, Toyota Landcruiser 200 sahara. MU 1996 3.1.

Return to Electrical