• Advertisement

central locking and window doesnt work?

Get help fixing your Isuzu from other club members

central locking and window doesnt work?

Postby dreamykiwi » Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:34 pm

Hi, first my central locking, when I use the alarm button to open the Mu it will not open the door most of the times nor lock it, I have to do it manually. My nephew said I just need a new central locking door motor Actuator, is this right and are they easy to put in?

also my passenger side window does not work. When I use both switches it still does not work. There is no noise when I press the up or down button for the window.
someone told me it must be the window motor gone on it. Is this right and is it easy to replace them.

thanks for any help
Yesterday was a dream tomorrow is a wish and today is your present!

!991 Mu Blue
dreamykiwi
Isuzu Baby

City: Manukau
Vehicle: Isuzu Mu 1991 auto Blue
Badly treated by last owner
I am trying to return her to her original beauty

Re: central locking and window doesnt work?

Postby wbski007 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:46 am

As for the central locking, if none of the doors lock or unlock it could be the tiny battery in your alarm fob might be going dead, if its just one door not working its probably the actuator is bad in that door or it may have a loose connection, as for window I can't help to much, could be a loose connection at the motor or motor itself is bad, they are not that easy to replace if you don't know what your doing, some window motors are revited in from the factory, like they thought it wood never go bad,HAHA Good luck
I live in my own little world, but its OK they know me here.
Happy Trails, Wayne
wbski007
Isuzu Guru

City: Mary Esther
Vehicle: 1998 Isuzu Rodeo,with a 2001,2.5 turbo diesel motor,5 speed,inter-cooler,turned up fuel,adjusted waste gate for 14 psi of boost,air bags under front end with torsion bars ,2.5 exhaust straight thru sidepipe no muffler.
1949 Dodge 2 1/2 ton pumper fire truck, 15,000 original miles, with a 1991 Cummins 5.9 diesel, turned up fuel, 5 speed trans, two speed rear, also added P/S, P/B.

Return to Electrical