• Advertisement

Mudstuck free wheeling hub

Get help fixing your Isuzu from other club members

Mudstuck free wheeling hub

Postby Renier » Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:03 pm

Has any one fitted a pair of mudstuck freewheeling hubs my auto ones gave so I've bought a pair but I seem to be missing something the cir clip I have is too small i can always get a bigger one but will need heaps of spacing washers to hold the axle in is this normal?
Renier
Isuzu Baby

City: Porirua
Vehicle: 3.1 turbo diesel bighorn

Re: Mudstuck free wheeling hub

Postby isuzurob » Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:34 pm

I have only used genuine hubs, circlip only holds axle in the hub so spacing it will work as long as the rest all works
isuzurob
Global Moderator

City: Taupo
Vehicle: 1990 Isuzu Bighorn 2.8t/d, 3" extended shackles, 2" body lift, 33" silverstone extreme tyres, Front+rear bars, winch with 40m dyneex rope, 21/2 inch exhaust, lokka's front+rear, custom turbo, emissions removed, injector pump modified and more

Postby Renier » Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:45 pm

I just found my issue someone has put the wrong cv in on at some point when I checked the outher side it has a second circling mounting for manual hubs... I'll do some careful mesuring and pack it out with a few washers on this side not worth replacing the cv I don't think
Renier
Isuzu Baby

Postby geeves » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:33 pm

There should be 2 slots for the circlip. The smaller one is for the auto hub but if you can shim it out to fit it should be fine.
There are no isuzu hubs on the mudstuck site but the other ones look like either AVM or a cheap copy.
A photo might help
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Postby Renier » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:42 pm

Got these on I found that when the auto hub failed it compleat ly sheered off all the teeth that made up the 2nd slot so did a new cv the mudstuck hubs look like a asin hub with a 5 year warranty seem to be ok quality but only time will tell:)
Renier
Isuzu Baby

Postby geeves » Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:59 pm

Have a look at these 2 links
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/ISUZU-P ... autifyAB=0

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/FOR-ISU ... autifyAB=0

These are most likely what mudstuck is selling. Some of his winch deals are quite good but always double check what you are getting. He used to sell a polyester 9 meter snatch strap. I foolishly bought one but only use it as a short winch extension. It has about as much stretch as chain. We tried it under test conditions. Toyota surf plus bighorn on hard grass light snatch of about half walking pace and all my fillings fell out
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Postby fujitsubo » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:15 pm

I brought a pair of steel FWH from mudstuck awhile back, they lasted about a year before self destructing that was with daily use in 4wd and lots of abuse. I used a 3/8 stihl chainsaw rim sprocket which sildes over the end of the axle and a 10mm bolt to hold it in as the end of the splines are threaded, spaced it out perfectly to stop that annoying cv rattle.
fujitsubo
Isuzu Baby

City: top of south
Vehicle: bighorn 3.1

Postby Renier » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:47 pm

Those aliexpress ones look the same as the ones I got only paid $175 for them and so called 5 year warranty I looked at aliexpress ones but with shipping and near no comeback on their products I went with a nz shop :)
Renier
Isuzu Baby

Return to Drive train, Steering and Suspension