• Advertisement

front diff brackets wont bolt back up

Get help fixing your Isuzu from other club members

front diff brackets wont bolt back up

Postby stardog » Fri May 21, 2010 1:51 pm

Hi guys need help on mounting my front diff brackets back on to chassis just wont mount back into the holes on the back bolt i have had jacks jemmy bars and still cant get it in the hole on the chassie. Is there a trick to it i was going to undo the 4 bolts on the side of the plate but i am not sure if this is the way to do it.I have just installed a lokka in the front diff and new ball joints top and bottom and complete cv shafts the old shafts where knackered every time you locked the hubs in clunk clunk clunk so i thought if im changing them i will do the lot at the same time.
Cheers stardog
stardog
Isuzu Deity

City: sydney
Vehicle: 96 wizard 3.1 top mount intercooler bulbar winch snorkel 2" lift front diff lock aftermarket transmission cooler.

Re: front diff brackets wont bolt back up

Postby pig75 » Fri May 21, 2010 2:18 pm

I know the last time i did mine it was a pain. You might have to start with the back bolts first and just start the bolts so they are lose till they have all started
92 MU, 91 MU ute, 90 MU, 96 Wizard, 14 MUX,2019 Dmax LSU
Australia's loudest MU
MY SITE MY YouTube SPL 152.3dB
If beef is in beef mince, What is in pet mince?
pig75
Site Admin

City: QLD
Vehicle: 90MU, 91MU ute & 92MU, 96 Wizard, 2014 MUX LST 2019 Dmax LSU

Postby stardog » Fri May 21, 2010 3:18 pm

I tried it that way as well but still no go when i dropped it it wouldn't move even with the trolley jack lowered a bit got the jemmey bar on it and moved it.But i took the 4 bolts out on the side of it on the drivers side to break it from the chassy then it dropped down on the jack so im thinking might have to do the same to reinstall this has been a real pain in the ass job but at least im learning more about my mu and how to do things on it i have owned nissans and toyota 4x4 in the past but never a isuzu.
stardog
Isuzu Deity

Vehicle: 96 wizard 3.1 top mount intercooler bulbar winch snorkel 2" lift front diff lock aftermarket transmission cooler.

Postby stardog » Sat May 22, 2010 7:22 pm

sorted it out took the laptop down with manual on it and found the problem after searching through it should pay more attenion when taking things apart i rushed the job because of the weather never paid attenion what went where learnt a lesson from it my fault thanks for the info pig75 all good now finally can get it back up running.
cheers stardog
stardog
Isuzu Deity

Return to Drive train, Steering and Suspension