• Advertisement

AutoTrans Shifter Button

Get help fixing your Isuzu from other club members

AutoTrans Shifter Button

Postby sunny1 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:56 am

I am having problem on shifting gear when it’s on park to D. Button on side of sifter wont press to allow me to shift to D. This just started. It took me 5 min trying to press the button, had the engine started and pressed brake pedal.
Not sure what I need to do. I haven’t changed transmission fluid for 90K (not sure how often to do, dont do much towing). Thanks
:roll:
sunny1
I'm only here for the information

City: Auckland
Vehicle: Isuzu BigHorn 1995

Re: AutoTrans Shifter Button

Postby scruff123 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:01 pm

the pressing of the button wont have anything to do with the fluid i dnt think, myn is hard to press too, but try pushing the lever hard forward and then pushing the button, my problem is the linkages from the gear lever to the auto need adjusting, just havnt got round to doing it yet
scruff123
Isuzu Guru

City: Kerikeri
Vehicle: 93 standard bighorn 3.1 diesel, mitsubishi pajero 3ltr v6 swb on 36's

Postby sunny1 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:31 am

This is what I found on net:
"An actuator solenoid and module assembly, located on the lower portion of the steering column, locks the shifter in Park whenever it receives a signal that the ignition switch is in the ON position. When the module receives a signal from the Brake On-Off (BOO) switch that indicates the brake pedal is depressed, it unlocks the shifter so that it can be shifted out of Park."
I have done as below - it seems to work.............................
"To disable the system: Apply the parking brake, turn the ignition key to LOCK, then remove the key. Insert the key and turn it to OFF. Press the brake pedal. Shift to neutral, start the vehicle and select the desired gear".
sunny1
I'm only here for the information

City: Auckland
Vehicle: Isuzu BigHorn 1995

Postby Captcol » Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:19 am

The solenoid in question sits at the front of the gear selector, you need to take out the center console and then the plastic section that covers the whole gear selection area, about 8 screws on the wizard. The lock has two parts on the gear selector, first at the top which is a pin type solenoid and then around the side, passenger on mine, there is some further wotsits that are involved. I tested to see if mine was working by having all this off, turn on the key but not start and then push the brake pedal, if the solenoid moves sweet, if not check wiring and the micro switch on the brake pedal.
Captcol
Isuzu Guru

City: Whakatane
Vehicle: New to me 1996 Isuzu wizard with issues!

Return to Drive train, Steering and Suspension