• Advertisement

Bighorn wheel alignment

Get help fixing your Isuzu from other club members

Bighorn wheel alignment

Postby Grasshopper » Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:48 pm

I have travelled approx 80,000km on my 1996 Isuzu Bighorn Diesel and have had three wheel alignments done. Every time I drive away and steering pulls to left slightly.

I've been told that this is standard setting for safety reasons I.e stop you from veering over centreline. Is this a common problem with Bighorns? Front left edge of left tyre generally wears out quicker than rest of tyre.
Grasshopper
Isuzu Baby

City: Gisborne
Vehicle: Isuzu Bighorn 1996 3.1 Diesel Ltd

Re: Bighorn wheel alignment

Postby geeves » Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:46 am

Go to a different wheel alignment place. Camber and castor need adjusting and this is by shims. Its a fair bit of extra work compared to bog standard jappas they normally deal with a some are to lazy to bother some plain and simply dont even know that these 2 can be adjusted
If you have lifted your wagon though you may have to do a ball joint flip to allow enough adjustment . If this was the case you would wear the inside edge of the tyre
A car that pulls in either direction should fail a wof although mismatched tyres can do it. I swaped the tyres between my 2 wagons once just to see what would happen. All tyres went on the same corner and both truck steered perfectly straight. After the swap one pulled left the other right Not much but enough to notice
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Return to Drive train, Steering and Suspension