Qtraintrooper
I'm only here for the information

City: Auckland
Vehicle: 1990 Isuzu Bighorn Irmscher R

4jg2 conversion

5 speed manual

Re: Left front outer CV Replacement

Postby geeves » Sat May 21, 2016 7:03 am

I think I have a couple here. They will need a clean but pretty sure they are good. Postage only
send me a pm with your address

Repco etc do sell outter joints separatly but people have had less than reliable results with all aftermarket joints.Best bet is would be a wreckers and grab a complete half shaft assemby.
Is it broken or clicking? My old ubs 55 had clicky joints for years. It used to scare away the bird life
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Postby Wimaway » Thu May 26, 2016 5:59 pm

I trying to replace my CV boots on Bighorn 92 I having difficult getting the Half shaft out of the Diff, I taken a few out of Front Wheels this seem quite tight has any one else found this, Any tips on getting them out of the Diff if there tight ,I have it out of the front wheel
Wimaway
Isuzu Baby

City: Dunedin
Vehicle: Isuzu 3.1 Bighorn 4JG2 Turbo motor

Postby isuzurob » Thu May 26, 2016 6:19 pm

you cant get them out without romoving the diff bracket from the chassis, easiest way is to cut inner boot, and there is a clip just on the inside of the shell pull that out and the inner part of the cv can be removed, just clean the cup out, remove circlip off axle remove cv ineer joint from axle, fit new boots, reassembe
isuzurob
Global Moderator

City: Taupo
Vehicle: 1990 Isuzu Bighorn 2.8t/d, 3" extended shackles, 2" body lift, 33" silverstone extreme tyres, Front+rear bars, winch with 40m dyneex rope, 21/2 inch exhaust, lokka's front+rear, custom turbo, emissions removed, injector pump modified and more

Postby geeves » Thu May 26, 2016 7:42 pm

frontaxle.jpg

A little more detail
The outer section of the inner cv is attached to the mount for the diff by a circlip on the inside. You cant get to it without lowering that side of the diff. That why no one ever replaces that part despite the book telling you its the correct way. When you take theband off the boot on the inner cv put a finger inside the outer section and you will feel a wire spring clip find the end of the clip and pop it out with a screw driver. Then you can split the inner cv saving about 2 hours work
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Postby Wimaway » Thu May 26, 2016 8:50 pm

Awesome Thanks for the Info
Wimaway
Isuzu Baby

City: Dunedin
Vehicle: Isuzu 3.1 Bighorn 4JG2 Turbo motor