• Advertisement

TOD Check light diagnosis

Get help fixing your Isuzu from other club members

TOD Check light diagnosis

Postby RADMAN » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:40 am

Hi There,
I have a 1997 Isuzu Vehicross Japan Import, it has been a very reliable beast until I jinxed it the other day commenting to the missus that it was the most reliable vehicle I had. Then 2 days later the TOD Check light comes on. I have had my sons GM Tech 2 Scan Tool on it with the Isuzu card but will only read engine data no transmission driveline codes. Took it to a mechanic and his SnapOn tool wouldn't talk to anything but the motor, I have an o2 sensor issue and have swapped it out for another but engine light just comes on with the non genuine sensor so put old one back in no light but on Scan Tool sensor reading is flat not pulsing rich/lean like it supposed to. But TOD is main issue at the moment. other symptom is TOD Check light won't come on most times unless you get it to 30kmh so my thoughts are leaning to wheel speed sensor but not sure which one, any ideas greatly appreciated. ;)
RADMAN
Isuzu Baby

City: Port Lincoln
Vehicle: JACKAROO 2000 3LTR DIESEL. VEHICROSS 3.2L V6. JACKAROO 2000 3.5 V6 (BLUE ROO), JACKAROO 1998 3.5 V6 (RED ROO)

Re: TOD Check light diagnosis

Postby geeves » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:50 am

I will have a look in my manuals when I get home. I should have something
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Re: TOD Check light diagnosis

Postby geeves » Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:53 pm

http://www.mediafire.com/?i36dwl1pkhb4g
This is the manual for the Bighorn but as far as I can tell the TOD is the same
If it doesnt help I do have the vehicross manual although really its a Frontera in a different body. I could upload it if required
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Return to Drive train, Steering and Suspension