• Advertisement

Front diff RHS bearing housing broken

Get help fixing your Isuzu from other club members

Front diff RHS bearing housing broken

Postby K1WIGUY » Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:53 pm

Hello all, I've pulled my front diff out of my 96 isuzu Mu and with the intention of fitting a Lokka I've brought for it. I unbolted the diff mount brackets from the chassis and then unbolted the brackets once it was up on my workbench. I'm not sure how it happened but one bearing housing is now broken on the inside of the bracket. The bearing is just inside the diff on the stub axle.

Can anyone help me with where to get another housing from or do I start looking for another diff etc...

The diff using vacuum to engage the 4wd. I understand it came out with auto hubs but manual hubs have been installed before I brought it.

Have a look at the photos and if it doesn't make sense I'll try and explain it again better.
K1WIGUY
Isuzu Baby

City: Westport
Vehicle: 96 Mu 3.1 manual. 32" Maxxis Bighorns, 40mm spring lift plus extended shackles, MCC winchbar with 12000lb winch and led spot lights, Barlight across windscreen. Front Lokka.

Re: Front diff RHS bearing housing broken

Postby K1WIGUY » Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:01 pm

photo 1
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
K1WIGUY
Isuzu Baby

City: Westport
Vehicle: 96 Mu 3.1 manual. 32" Maxxis Bighorns, 40mm spring lift plus extended shackles, MCC winchbar with 12000lb winch and led spot lights, Barlight across windscreen. Front Lokka.

Re: Front diff RHS bearing housing broken

Postby geeves » Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:23 am

looks like the bearing has failed. The manual suggests its held in by a circlip so should be easy to change or you can just get a complete mounting plate/cv from a wrecker. Get all the shrapnel out of the diff
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Return to Drive train, Steering and Suspension