• Advertisement

I had a strange grinding noise / Rear wheel bearing

Get help fixing your Isuzu from other club members

I had a strange grinding noise / Rear wheel bearing

Postby Elysian » Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:49 pm

I had a strange grinding noise , but only when I was doing 90+ Km/h ... had a look at my disc break pads and rotors and it looked fine .. and the sound went away ..

A few days later I noticed the grinding noise agaibn , and had a oily spray on my rear wheel arch .. OPK.. the oil seals stuffed .. pulled the half axle out to replace the oil seal and thought I may was well change the wheel bearing while I'm at it ..

took the half axle to my local engineer to have it pressed out .. this is what it looked like ..

Now .. While I have a 93 MU with the 2.8 .. I actually have the axles from a 94 MU with the 3.1 .. 2.8 = Rodeo , 3.1 = Jackaroo .. but I forgot when I went to get the new bearings, so on the 2nd trip to the auto store to get the right ones.. they don't have them in stock after about 30 mins of telling the guy what I'm after , tells me to try Holden .. try Holden .. ~$340 each ... Ring my father to see if he can call an old family friend that works at CBC ..they don't have them in stock, but the family friend will make me some, if I come out to the factory around closing time .. ;) 4 hours later , 2 brand new bearings with axle collars ..cost me a pineapple($50) + a slab of New .. :D

This is for Pissy , and anyone else in Australia ( and maybe NZ) .. retail is $150 -$155 each through CBC ..
Elysian
Isuzu Baby

City: Sutherland
Vehicle: 1993 Isuzu MU 2.8 TD
Midnight Blue
3.1 axle set up front and back
Bride one piece race seats
4.556 LSD rear, 4.556 LOKKA front
ARB bullbar
Lightforce 170 Xeon spotlights
2 inch body lift

Re: I had a strange grinding noise / Rear wheel bearing

Postby chrisfnq » Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:09 pm

you got a good deal on the bearings... i am amazed the race is still together around the balls...
chrisfnq
Isuzu Junior

City: cairns
Vehicle: '91 2.8 td mu (deceased)
94 jackaroo lifted 50mm suspension, long range tank, bull bar, new turbo

Return to Drive train, Steering and Suspension