• Advertisement

DIY - EGR REMOVAL (link only)

In here you will find answers to commonly asked questions about verious modifications. You will also find some great DIY's for doing mods to your Isuzu. If you have a mod to add here, please contact a member of the FAQ Team.

DIY - EGR REMOVAL (link only)

Postby Pissy » Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:24 am

I wish to thank muzila for this GREAT piece on How to Remove the EGRs

From my very "BASIC" knowledge I believe EGR stands for Environmental Gas Recirculation where a small portion of exhaust gases are recirculated back into the engine to ensure clearer Exhaust emissions (A Japanese idea), but I stress that I could wrong here, if I am, could someone please advise me the true definition and I will edit this post via a PM (personal message).

PROs
Cleans up engine Bay
Make room for a dual battery setup
No power/economy loss or gain

CONs
Over time these units fail and really just do nothing but look ugly.
No one is really sure the legal about taking it off as Australian and NZ cars do not have EGRs at all, but knowing that its meant to help reduce emissions then it might be legal issue?

Forum Link here

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1521

egrblankA4.pdf

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
94 3.1L MU,2.5"suspension lift,2"body Lift,33"Bighorns,F&R Autolockers,Rock Sliders,winch bar,240 lightforces,UHF,120amp alternator,dual batteries,snorkel,turbo timer etc
Pissy
FAQ Team

City: Brisbane
Vehicle: 1994 3.1L Turbo Diesel MU

Return to FAQ and DIY's for modifications