• Advertisement

DIY - MU roof racks

In here you will find answers to commonly asked questions about verious modifications. You will also find some great DIY's for doing mods to your Isuzu. If you have a mod to add here, please contact a member of the FAQ Team.

DIY - MU roof racks

Postby Pissy » Thu May 14, 2009 11:01 am

I got the Rhino Sportz track roof racks and I paid big $ for $450 fitted.
Best to buy and install it your self, just make sure the tracks are dead set parallel or they might not allow the mount to slide very well.
http://www.rhinorack.com.au/BarType_Spo ... 005_3.aspx

Best to mount as wide as possible to the edge where the roof is strongest, my rear track are a touch wide than the front ones. Drill holes, get a magnet and pick up as many filings as possible, touch paint to the holes and then a spray of rust proofing. Pop rivet the tracks in place and you have to file/drill the head of the rivet to allow mount to slide on the tracks. Cut roof rack bar to the correct lenths and attach to the mount if done correctly it should fit and slide up and down each set of tracks.
The sport track system is a neat/clean, adjustable system that lets you take off the mounts and bars and just leaves the tracks attached to the roof, very clean and tidy. If you want a stronger set up use the mounting system http://www.rhinorack.com.au/BarType_Hea ... ero_2.aspx

I think they use the same tracking system between the sportz and heavier duty racks so you might be able to switch between the two systems with the tracks,.......if you have the cash that is.........
I hope this helps someone out

Roof racks.jpg

Roof racks2.jpg

Cheers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
94 3.1L MU,2.5"suspension lift,2"body Lift,33"Bighorns,F&R Autolockers,Rock Sliders,winch bar,240 lightforces,UHF,120amp alternator,dual batteries,snorkel,turbo timer etc
Pissy
FAQ Team

City: Brisbane
Vehicle: 1994 3.1L Turbo Diesel MU

Return to FAQ and DIY's for modifications