• Advertisement

Darko's Rig

Show us your Rig!

Darko's Rig

Postby Darko » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:26 pm

HI I am Darko, live in Auckland, moved to NZ 7 years ago, and must say that i'm loving it. Bought my MU of trademe just over two years ago. The engine has done 172k and no problems what so ever, the moment i bought the car changed the cambelt ,water pump and the other belts. have had bad experience with cambelt on one of my previous cars.

Suspension:factory
Body Lift:none
Tyres/Wheels:245/70/r16 hankook A/T
Traction Aids: (LSD, auto lockers or Air/electric lockers etc) none
Bullbar:yes
Spot lights and Lighting:pair of fog lights
Communications/GPS: tomtom ONE
Dual Batteries:No
Engine:3.1 TD 4JG2 manual 5 speed
Exhaust:factory
Sound system:Sony cd player with 2 front in door speakers, 2 on side at the back, 2 6x9 in speaker box in boot and 10" sub
External: Thule roof rack, roof box, tow bar and side steps,bullbar with a pair of fog lights( all of this was none on the car, i add them all after i bought it
Internal:none
Others:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Darko
Isuzu Baby

City: Auckland
Vehicle: Isuzu MU 97 3.1 TD

Re: Darko's Rig

Postby geeves » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:51 pm

Welcome on board.
Nice Mu What sort of driving do you do?
That spare wheel cover always gets a laugh. Ive only ever seen it used on trucks with a showroom shine.
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Postby Darko » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:18 am

Thank you,
believe it or not, i haven't done any offroading as dont know where to go. just recently found out about woodhill. Maybe soon will visit it.
For the spare wheel cover, i have seen people driving up close to the back of the mu on the motorway so they can take photos of it. Cheers
Darko
Isuzu Baby

Postby muzila » Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:03 pm

Nice truck. Welcome aboard.
muzila
Site Admin

City: Christchurch
Vehicle: 1991 2.8 TD Mu

Postby Blondini » Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:20 pm

Time to get thow's city tyres off and go play in the mud. Welcome to the club.
Blondini
Isuzu Senior

City: Papamoa Tauranga
Vehicle: 93 ISUZU BIGHORN 3.1 TDI 5 DOOR
POD FILTER, 2 1/2" EXHAUST AND FREE FLOW MUFFLER
HOME MADE 3" SNORKEL AND HANKOOK RT03 265/75/16 (32") MUD TYRES.

Postby geeves » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:27 pm

Remember not everyone buys a 4wd to go off road. They also make great tow cars and the diesel is still more economical than most large saloon cars.
If Darko doesnt want to 4wd then he doesnt have to to belong here.
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

2013 Subaru XV

Postby rcolijn » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:58 pm

Awesome truck mate, well polished too ;)
rcolijn
Isuzu Junior

City: Perth
Vehicle: Awesome Isuzu Mu, 2.8 TD, Adjustable shocks, AT Tyres, no backseat, 2.5" exhaust. Heavy Duty battery, custom snorkel, custom roofrack, custom centre console, custom rear door kitchen, carpet with extra underlay, Clarion sounds system, K&N airfilter, D694 tyres, bucket seats, extra lights in rear cabine, custom tow bar bracket, Nudge bar, 3 spotties, rear camping light, Second battery setup, rest is **still* standard :)

Postby Demonic » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:17 pm

...... its a little toooo clean.... :P
Cheers,
Andrew
**I couldn't repair my brakes, so I made my horn louder. Only problem is my horn doesnt work anymore.**
Demonic
Isuzu Master

City: Wellington
Vehicle: Lexus V8 powered Surf. Sorry Mu is gone... but i do miss it

Postby Darko » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:15 am

Thanks to all your coments guys, i had to polish because had a rust spot on the roof, when i tryed to clean and tuch up it turns to small holes, so had to send, fill, prime and paint, and at the end polish.
As blondini says now is time to go and play in the mud.
Darko
Isuzu Baby

Postby Darko » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:20 am

geeves wrote:Remember not everyone buys a 4wd to go off road. They also make great tow cars and the diesel is still more economical than most large saloon cars.
If Darko doesnt want to 4wd then he doesnt have to to belong here.

Just quick question,i am a bit confused, do you say that if i dont do 4wd that shouldn't be a member of the forum? Apolagize
for my english as it is not my first lenguage, maybe i got it wrong your post.
Cheers
Darko
Isuzu Baby

Postby geeves » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:29 am

Not what I meant at all
Club isuzu is for all owners of Isuzu based 4wds. How you choose to use it is your choice. We have a lot of members that have trucks that never go off road. As I said the isuzu 4x4 is one of the best tow cars around.
geeves
Site Admin

2013 Subaru XV

Postby wbski007 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:31 am

Great looking rig there Darko, I don't do any off roading either, mainly because mine's only two wheel drive LOL a big welcome aboard there mate
I live in my own little world, but its OK they know me here.
Happy Trails, Wayne
wbski007
Isuzu Guru

City: Mary Esther
Vehicle: 1998 Isuzu Rodeo,with a 2001,2.5 turbo diesel motor,5 speed,inter-cooler,turned up fuel,adjusted waste gate for 14 psi of boost,air bags under front end with torsion bars ,2.5 exhaust straight thru sidepipe no muffler.
1949 Dodge 2 1/2 ton pumper fire truck, 15,000 original miles, with a 1991 Cummins 5.9 diesel, turned up fuel, 5 speed trans, two speed rear, also added P/S, P/B.

Postby chrisfnq » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:40 pm

very straight nice looking vehicle, like the roof racks..looks like gutter mount not bolted thru roof.. hope you enjoy this forum... great guys here.. welcome aboard...
chris.
chrisfnq
Isuzu Junior

City: cairns
Vehicle: '91 2.8 td mu (deceased)
94 jackaroo lifted 50mm suspension, long range tank, bull bar, new turbo

Postby slightlydodgy » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:00 pm

Nice tidy looking mu mate. I remember when mine looked that clean It was still on the yard. Now its dirty and the panels look like they are made of corrugated iron.
Tremble With Fear I've Just Had an Idea
slightlydodgy
Global Moderator

City: Opunake
Vehicle: Missing my 1990 2.6 petrol crew cab rodeo 50mm body lift, 45mm engine and box lift, heavy duty springs, 75mm suspension lift, 32 x 11.5 dueler mts and front bar and snorkel by slightlydodgy Currently Isuzuless

Postby Darko » Sat May 08, 2010 7:14 am

Was wondering if some one know the easiest way to cut the bonnet for the scoop? i am about to install the intercooler, hopefully my self. will test my mechanical abilities. or will do trip to the local mechanic :?
Do i need to do any modification for the intercooler(like brackets, turbine rotating etc.) came of bighorn 3.1 and goes on my mu 3.1.

This days expecting to arive package from trademe with body lift blocks, got one or two more questions about that asswell,

What are the jacking up points on the body to be lifted of the chassis so the blocks can be installed?
and can some one post a pic of the gear stick bent so can see that asswell?

Thanks, will post pic of the job when is done.
Darko
Isuzu Baby

Postby Jayarr69BluMU » Sun May 09, 2010 1:52 pm

nice rigg just needs some mudd lol
Welcome aboard let me know how you go with bonnet scoop my intercooler is on the way
just tryin to source a scoop like the COLORADO or GTI-R PULSAR scoop
good openings plenty of air flow also thinkin of raisin back of bonnet to let air flow through
once again nice rigg look forward to hearin how you go good luck
Jayarr69BluMU
Isuzu Junior

City: Bris
Vehicle: Isuzu MU 1992, 2.8 t/diesel. 5 Spd

Postby Darko » Mon May 10, 2010 6:57 am

Can't say it is going to be soon :( , as i don't have a garage or car port, all the work need to be done in front of my unit on the drive way, and with winter coming and lots of raining days is going to be very wet otside.
Darko
Isuzu Baby

Postby geeves » Mon May 10, 2010 10:16 am

Why do you want to lift it?
From previous posts I belive you dont intend to go off road. If this is still the case there is no point to a lift only the down side of a raised centre of gravity. Even if you do want to go off road now my advice would be to try off roading and only consider any mods after you know they will be useful. Also you learn the techniques of off roading much better in a standard vehicle
geeves
Site Admin

2013 Subaru XV

Postby Darko » Mon May 10, 2010 10:20 pm

Sorry, wrong expression.I would love to do 4wd, just not enuogh time. I have sunday off from the weekend and monday is my other day off. will need to do a day trip to woodhill here in Auckland some sundays as they are open only on weekends to do some off roading there to start with.
There is so much things to do here in all of NZ but not enough time,, like, i love trout fishing and going to the south island but can't leave my full time job because part time job will not pay the bills and rent.
doing the lift only as i like the look of the truck when it is raised and maybe sum mud tyres.But it wont happen any soon as i dont have a garage and winter is here.
Darko
Isuzu Baby

Postby geeves » Tue May 11, 2010 2:47 pm

Lifting a truck just for looks is not a good idea.
When you lift it you increase the centre of gravity so reduce the ability to go round corners safely and increase the likelihood of rolling. You also increase fuel use.Those of us with lifted trucks accept these things and drive accordingly but wouldnt do it without a need.
Personally in your case I would just save up for some mud tyres in a 265/75/16 size (if you have 15 inch rims get 31x10.5x15) and un upgrade to the tow points. This will see you to most fishing spots and the main tracks at Woodhill without major dramas or cost. If you find you like it then you can get the lifts etc. Im still modifying my truck 14 years after buying it.
geeves
Site Admin

2013 Subaru XV

Next

Return to Members Rigs