• Advertisement

Darko's Rig

Show us your Rig!

Re: Darko's Rig

Postby Darko » Tue May 11, 2010 4:02 pm

geeves wrote:Lifting a truck just for looks is not a good idea.

Thanks for the advice Geeves.

Will see how it goes and then might look for any body lift.
One question about the EGR.as i would like to install a intercooler. If i remove the valves and block them off, does it do any harm to the engine or only to the air behind me ( Nitrooxygen) in to the atmosphere. and if i block them off what do i do with the two vacuum lines that are going in to the valve, where and how do i block those off? Thanks
Darko
Isuzu Baby

City: Auckland
Vehicle: Isuzu MU 97 3.1 TD

Postby geeves » Tue May 11, 2010 6:25 pm

EGR was removed from my wagon before I got it 14 years and 110000km ago. Best way with the vacuum lines is to follow them back to a valve on the inner guard. Then follow the third line on this valve towards the vacuum pump and disconnect there
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Postby Darko » Mon May 24, 2010 9:06 am

Ok, have done the EGR block off. here some photos of it. It cost me $40 for the plates.
I had some fun blocking it off. first took the crossover pipe and then the valves, but when took the valves off, found out that will need different bolts :o . Luckily i leave only 500m away from repco, so i just walked to the shop :) ,. But at the end was all good.
P.S All the time while i was performing the task was raining :( , so yes i was soaking wet. As it was performed outside.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Darko
Isuzu Baby

City: Auckland
Vehicle: Isuzu MU 97 3.1 TD

Previous

Return to Members Rigs