Postby MUVIT » Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:09 am

i like ya filter primer
MUVIT
Isuzu Guru

City: Darwin
Vehicle: Isuzu MU 96

Re: Rons MOOOO

Postby Captcol » Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:43 pm

you can backtrack and remove the solenoids completely. My lift took the two of us a couple or three hours, would have been quicker if I already had the bolts.

Loosen any gear linkages and any steering length adjustment before jacking the truck up onto the blocks, i didn't was lifting the truck then bang ... nothing broke just got adjusted at speed.
Captcol
Isuzu Guru

City: Whakatane
Vehicle: New to me 1996 Isuzu wizard with issues!

Postby rcolijn » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:16 am

Just for future reference:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/37856187/4jb1-Engine-Specs

Interesting link...
rcolijn
Isuzu Junior

City: Perth
Vehicle: Awesome Isuzu Mu, 2.8 TD, Adjustable shocks, AT Tyres, no backseat, 2.5" exhaust. Heavy Duty battery, custom snorkel, custom roofrack, custom centre console, custom rear door kitchen, carpet with extra underlay, Clarion sounds system, K&N airfilter, D694 tyres, bucket seats, extra lights in rear cabine, custom tow bar bracket, Nudge bar, 3 spotties, rear camping light, Second battery setup, rest is **still* standard :)

Postby rcolijn » Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:37 pm

Hi all, its been a while :)

So the body blocks are now in and it starts to look better :) I'll post some pics soon.

I have now got the bonnet scoop and am looking for some guidance on choosing the intercooler. Theres loads of them for sale so here she goes:

1) Ideal size, I understand too big is too much lag, but too small would not make much difference? Rough sizes width length height would be great.

2) From quick examination there is a small pipe from the turbo into the metal block which says "2.8 Turbo", and a larg pipe from there into the inlet isn't it? Anybody know the sizes for these (2.5" in and 3" out?). Also I understand it right that the block is being replaced by the Intercooler hey?

3) 2 little hoses are connected to the big metal block, where do they go after intercooler installation? Any more hoses I need to worry about, hidden from view?

4) Do I need to turn the Turbo, even if I can connect it with an intercooler through piping?

Thinking about this one, would that work?
http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/bellevue ... 007326092#

Now, noone steal that bargain ok :)
rcolijn
Isuzu Junior

City: Perth
Vehicle: Awesome Isuzu Mu, 2.8 TD, Adjustable shocks, AT Tyres, no backseat, 2.5" exhaust. Heavy Duty battery, custom snorkel, custom roofrack, custom centre console, custom rear door kitchen, carpet with extra underlay, Clarion sounds system, K&N airfilter, D694 tyres, bucket seats, extra lights in rear cabine, custom tow bar bracket, Nudge bar, 3 spotties, rear camping light, Second battery setup, rest is **still* standard :)

Postby stu21chevy » Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:38 am

hi i have seen some one fit a daihatsu fourtrak intercooler behind the frunt grill on a the same pickup and that worked very well i wos thinking of doing it to mine when i get time if i ever finish my sons autograss car !! how big did u fit the body blocks wos it a big job did you have to lift the frunt bumper up ? be good to see some picks i just looked at yor pic and u got a mu that what the bloke had not a pickup like mine thers not meny of them over hear in the uk dam good 4x4 :D
stu21chevy
I'm only here for the information

City: wrexham
Vehicle: isuzu tfs 55 pickup

Postby Eli101 » Wed May 29, 2013 6:34 pm

Heya mate, just looking at your camping Mu and it looks fantastic. Jst wondering what the EGR is and what benefits you get from those plates fitted? Cheers
Eli101
Isuzu Baby

City: Hastings
Vehicle: Isuzu Mu 1992, 2.8L, 4JB1-T, Black, No Mods (Yet :) )

Postby sleeker » Wed May 29, 2013 8:36 pm

Hey mate sweet ride, where did you get the tow bar from?
sleeker
Isuzu Baby

City: Brisbane
Vehicle: 1994 3.1TD Blue MU

Postby calderwoodpark » Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:57 pm

rcolijn wrote:Thanks for your feedback, the snorkel will be shorter after I have attached a proper snorkel top. I'd like one with a large intake to take advantage of the increased airflow, I think its called ramp air or something. I am planning to fibreglass something soon and as I did not know how long the top would be I left the pipe rather long, its easier to cut off than to to weld on!

Drawers, I have no plans as of yet, I am thinking about attaching a small "kitchen box" against the door like this one:

(I apologize for copying this image but I could not link to it remotely)

But besides that just straight forward drawers made from an old bedroom closet I rip apart. The challenge was to make this with minimal costs as I am between jobs at the moment and dont have squillions available on drawers slides and stuff...:)

Today I hope to finish my centre console, tomorrow hopefully the drawers.
That tailgate idea is a ripper it could be adapted to just about any swinging tailgate I reckin
calderwoodpark
Isuzu Baby

City: wollongong
Vehicle: isuzu mu 4 x 4 1997

Postby mumanbeing » Sun Jul 18, 2021 2:17 pm

slightlydodgy wrote:My ute has a universal gate opener - its called a bull bar :lol:

Lmfao. Quicker than your navigator/copilot hoping out too...
mumanbeing
Isuzu Baby

City: Dunedin
Vehicle: 1990 Isuzu Mu 4jb1 turbo
Intercooler/scoop modification
Snorkel, custom bar work, spotlights
Much love needed

Postby geeves » Sun Jul 18, 2021 3:52 pm

Be careful commenting on old posts especially with a comment taken from a different thread. So often these 2 things mean a bot has been doing the posting and of course bots dont get to be members for very long. I know this isnt a bot here because of your other recent posts but often Im doing my moderating after a 12 hour shift at work and could miss the difference between a bot and real poster.
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Previous

Return to Members Rigs