• Advertisement

My black shorty

Show us your Rig!

My black shorty

Postby xcountrykeen » Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:17 pm

Description: Hey all, in short my name is woj (voy) currently in my last years of study etc.. I bought my car a year ago now for a fair price of 4300 as you will see it in initial photos. One nz owner since 8o,ooo kms driven by a young chick for 8 years, came with full service history and all major stuff done post 200,000 kms.

I've been on this website since, reading all the good stuff on here..now the time has come to get involved and pick all your brains on what you might think I'm dealing with here: cv assembly issues

But first my brief description of my bighorn and what I've done to it:

1993 isuzu bighorn irmcher - 3 door 5spd manual in grey/black

Suspension: nitro raw 2" lift
Body Lift: 50mm
Tyres/Wheels: 16 by 8" black steel rims with -22 offset I think, with 285/75/16 kumho kl71's
Traction aid: manual front hubs and rear LSD in the garage ( 4.55 ratio) yet to fit and check current ratios
Bullbar: factory bighorn bar
Spot lights and Lighting: nothing fancy
Communications/GPS: nil
Dual Batteries:nope
Engine:3.1 tdi 4jg2
Exhaust:factory but would like a 3"
Sound system:cd player
External: wide body flares of plaiser to compensate for the tyre size
Internal: tidy minus drivers recaro rip we all know about
Others: factory basket and ladder waiting to be fitted

All mods have progressively been done by me, all fairly simple stuff though, the likes of blanking egr valves, snorkel, exhaust and ball joint flip are my short term plans..

This is my a to b but I have been heading out to woodhill with a mate and his ubs 55 when I can, have done 6 days out there now and only broke one (inner cv joint) on my last outing..which was a very slippery wet day where your gas pedal and momentum was your best friend! :o :lol: Ended up getting well bogged due to one wheel drive syndrome and needed all the help of the 2 safaris on patrol that day unfortunately.

I will post some photos later along with my cv axel assembly trouble I'm having.. But briefly my problem is that I can't seem to find a match for my cv assembly..been to wreckers and got given the axel which is 10mm shorter than mine, the inner cup housing also shorter by 5mm and for some reason my bearing balls are bigger also and don't fit the inner housing I bought with the shorter cv. Basically the whole unit is 15mm shorter than what I initially had. I'm worried that under suspension travel I.e ( full droop ) my inner might pop out? I'm wondering weather I might have wide body ones even thou I read they're 25mm winder than standard.. So maybe after market? But given both sides are they same Im not sure..I will post pics tar and hope someone on here will know...

Cheers woj
xcountrykeen
Isuzu Baby

City: AKL
Vehicle: '93 black Irmcher shorty, 3.1tdi manual, 2" body + suspension lift, kumho MT/s .. though wanting ubs55's R model shorty!!!

Re: My black shorty

Postby turnturn » Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:27 am

You might want to consider splitting this post into two. One for you vehicle and one for your CV issue.
turnturn
Global Moderator

City: Dunedin
Vehicle: 1992 Isuzu Mu 2.8 Manual (UCS55)
Snorkle, Intercooled
1993 Isuzu Mu 2.8 Manual (UCS55)
Spare Parts/Donor
1994 Isuzu Mu 3.1 Manual (UCS69)
Snorkle, Intercooled
1996 Isuzu Mu 3.1 Manual (UCS69)
Completely Standard

Postby xcountrykeen » Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:28 pm

sure will do. So here are some photos of what my car looked like when i first bought it and what ive done to it since
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
xcountrykeen
Isuzu Baby

Vehicle: '93 black Irmcher shorty, 3.1tdi manual, 2" body + suspension lift, kumho MT/s .. though wanting ubs55's R model shorty!!!

Postby xcountrykeen » Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:47 pm

The new look after fitting a bullbar, doing a 2" nitro raw suspension lift and fitting 16 x 8" black roh steel rims :D

Also my mates irmcher R ubs55 in the background
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
xcountrykeen
Isuzu Baby

Postby xcountrykeen » Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:03 pm

needed to do a 50mm bodylift to clear new 285x75x16 as they were just rubbing under articulation
xcountrykeen
Isuzu Baby

Postby xcountrykeen » Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:17 pm

So this is what my car looks like now, im pretty happy with it. Looking at sorting out my suspension next by doing a balljoint flip and lowering my torsion bars to extend the life of my new cv once i find the correct one.
xcountrykeen
Isuzu Baby

Postby Citron » Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:22 pm

Very nice Truck and pictures, keep em coming. Looks good with those mud tyres on now
Citron
Isuzu Junior

City: Dunedin
Vehicle: 1996 Isuzu Wizard

Return to Members Rigs