• Advertisement

Crazy Dave's Toy

Show us your Rig!

Crazy Dave's Toy

Postby crazydave » Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:51 am

I have owned this offroad truck for over 7 years and it has been tremendous fun. It is reliable and tough with lots of extras.
Engine is a 4JB1-T propane on diesel with a reconditioned head, new injectors etc. It has a custom stainless intake built to run the propane injection which is controlled by a 12v solenoid valve. It is currently running 20lbs boost and draws its air through an airflow snorkel. Exhaust system was built 2.5” and is from the turbo back to a dump pipe tucked up out of the way in the rear. It has a BigBalls engineering 2” body lift, the front has swaybar disconnects and flip ball joints with raised torsion bars. The rear is custom engineered and runs a top link traction arm and spring-over conversion with centre mount long shocks with an extra cross member. It has great articulation. It has a superior engineering rock plate at the front with an aluminium winch bar above. Does not have winch at the moment. It has a vented bonnet for extra heat extraction. For my safety it has an internal roll cage which is over engineered. It has a heavy duty fuel tank guard at the rear. It has a full set of 33/12.5/15 mud tyres, also has full spare set of Ground Hawg tyres which are great for the winter stuff, I run 15X10 steel rims with -44 offset. I have had more modifications done than I can count and poured more money into this toy than I would want to know about. Worth every cent though as I have had so much fun!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
crazydave
Isuzu Baby

City: Auckland
Vehicle: 2.8 Isuzu Mu, Body Lift, Suspension lift.

Re: Crazy Dave's Toy

Postby Citron » Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:50 am

Very sexy Truck mate! show us some more pictures.
Citron
Isuzu Junior

City: Dunedin
Vehicle: 1996 Isuzu Wizard

Postby bazza2541 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:26 pm

Can you post some details of the gas system? I'm mad keen on this.
bazza2541
Isuzu Baby

City: Omagh
Vehicle: 2004 Commercial Trooper with a 4jb1 conversion.

Postby crazydave » Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:04 am

Well, the gas system is quite simple. I use a standard BBQ bottle fitting to attatch to the bottle so I can use any 4kg - 9kg type bottle. I had a custom intake tube pre turbo made from stainless steel with injectors set in at 40 degrees to the pipe. Controled by a 12v soleniod valve which is operated off a pressure switch. When the turbo boost creates positive manifold pressure the gas runs, when I take my foot off it turns off. That is the basics of it. I purchased a book of the net with full instructions, I still have the book but it is packed away in my storage unit somewhere.
crazydave
Isuzu Baby

Postby bazza2541 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:14 pm

And no worries with the gas igniting inside the turbo?
bazza2541
Isuzu Baby

City: Omagh
Vehicle: 2004 Commercial Trooper with a 4jb1 conversion.

Postby geeves » Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:19 am

turbo is water cooled so not hot enough on the intake side. LPG doesnt compression ignite until much higher temps.
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Postby drinksoptional » Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:28 am

Do children run screaming when you come down the road .

I love it
drinksoptional
Isuzu Baby

City: glasgow
Vehicle: 97 Vx frontera 2.0 sport
97vx frontera 2.5td lwb
88 isuzu trooper 2.6

Postby crazydave » Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:01 am

Just busted the welds on the extra cross member.. might be time for some extra gusset work and some more welding. Lucky I have a new welder to try out.
I think a new set of 6x9's is in order, gotta have decent sounds when one is out and about.
crazydave
Isuzu Baby

Postby roguetrukker » Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:52 pm

nice truck looks well
roguetrukker
Isuzu Baby

City: Consett
Vehicle: isuzu bighorn

Postby NateDog » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:38 pm

Mean truck mate. Any chance of some more pics. Im just about to build myself a decent underbody bash plate and would like to see how your engineered version looks before I decide on material, sizes, profile etc. Cheers
NateDog
Isuzu Baby

City: Queenstown
Vehicle: 91 Isuzu MU, 2.8TD, Front & Rear Lokka's, 9000Lb Winch (50 mtr winch line), Snorkel, 2in Body lift, 2in Suspension lift, 33in tyres with neg 44 x 15in rims, custom made Winch Bar, custom made rear draw, Endless Air compressor, custom high lift jack mount, custom sliders, custom rear bar, UHF, front IPF spotties, EGT + Boost gauge, Fuel tank lift, home made flare guards, heavy duty steering links.

Postby drinksoptional » Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:09 am

ok i am lost with this what have you done an why you need to slow it down for me lol
drinksoptional
Isuzu Baby

City: glasgow
Vehicle: 97 Vx frontera 2.0 sport
97vx frontera 2.5td lwb
88 isuzu trooper 2.6

Postby crazydave » Mon May 27, 2013 9:15 am

Well been a while since I been on here... Took the Mongrel Unit (MU) for a play up at woodhill on the weekend. Had a great time. Plenty of water up there at the moment. Hey NateDog, hows ya truck coming along?
crazydave
Isuzu Baby

Postby NateDog » Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:03 pm

Yer good mate. Ive been out playing in the truck more than modifying it lately :D Still havent got around to making the under body bash plate yet. Will get the welder out again soon. Need to get out and hit up some snowy tracks this winter. Plenty of it on the ground.
NateDog
Isuzu Baby

City: Queenstown
Vehicle: 91 Isuzu MU, 2.8TD, Front & Rear Lokka's, 9000Lb Winch (50 mtr winch line), Snorkel, 2in Body lift, 2in Suspension lift, 33in tyres with neg 44 x 15in rims, custom made Winch Bar, custom made rear draw, Endless Air compressor, custom high lift jack mount, custom sliders, custom rear bar, UHF, front IPF spotties, EGT + Boost gauge, Fuel tank lift, home made flare guards, heavy duty steering links.

Return to Members Rigs