• Advertisement

dales isuzu mute 91

Show us your Rig!

Re: dales isuzu mute 91

Postby haven » Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:34 pm

How come the custom tray doesn't fit mate? Oh is that how u did it? With a single cab rodeo? Are the interiors between the two identical? How about wiring? Got a coil sprung patrol that I'm putting under my mu but I'd like to go for a mini ute. Was thinking about cutting my shell into a space can sort of layout but a bit hesitant.. Big difference in room between the mu wagon and ute....
Keep me updated mate, will watch on keenly :)
haven
Isuzu Guru

City: adelaide
Vehicle: 1992 mu

Postby dalebroughton » Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:52 pm

isuzurob wrote:Nice ute doing a good job, looks great. im building a s.a.s front and coil rear 3.1 mute at the moment, thats so fustrating why does it not fit?
thanks mate and just been mesuring it up and under tray storage wont fit now etc i will get their though just needed to get more steel and re plan have to cut 100mm off front and add to back to get the arches to alighn but ill get their and wicked like my mute? and why only coil rear? you got a post for it going id really like to check it out and compare ideas im getting parts together to do my sas
dalebroughton
Isuzu Junior

City: whangarei
Vehicle: isuzu mu ute 2.8 turbo deisel 91

Postby isuzurob » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:57 pm

Thats annoying man cant just lift mounts on deck up or will it be to high?? no post yet sorry, yes same as yours, having trouble with cert regulations so sorting all of that before i start, i mite coil front and use a prado front diff, i already have a front and 2 rear hilux diffs with leaves and all steering linkages
isuzurob
Global Moderator

City: Taupo
Vehicle: 1990 Isuzu Bighorn 2.8t/d, 3" extended shackles, 2" body lift, 33" silverstone extreme tyres, Front+rear bars, winch with 40m dyneex rope, 21/2 inch exhaust, lokka's front+rear, custom turbo, emissions removed, injector pump modified and more

Postby dalebroughton » Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:14 pm

isuzurob wrote:Nice ute doing a good job, looks great. im building a s.a.s front and coil rear 3.1 mute at the moment, thats so fustrating why does it not fit?
ah just miss mesurements and all the fun of things not fitting my fault really and true sounds awsome do you have a post up for it i would really like to check it out im currently buying all the parts to sas mine
dalebroughton
Isuzu Junior

Postby isuzurob » Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:48 pm

When its done i will do a post as dont like given false info will build it make sure it all works then do a write up, hoping it will be tough enough to do winch challenge comps
isuzurob
Global Moderator

Vehicle: 1990 Isuzu Bighorn 2.8t/d, 3" extended shackles, 2" body lift, 33" silverstone extreme tyres, Front+rear bars, winch with 40m dyneex rope, 21/2 inch exhaust, lokka's front+rear, custom turbo, emissions removed, injector pump modified and more

Postby haven » Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:41 am

You can enter the winch truck challenge in a completely stock vehicle... I'd check the rules on their website kos you'd be surprised how little you can modify , caught me out on a few things.
haven
Isuzu Guru

City: adelaide
Vehicle: 1992 mu

Postby isuzurob » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:50 am

Na new zealand open can do whatever you want just has to have a cage and 35 are the biggest tyres
isuzurob
Global Moderator

Postby geeves » Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:47 pm

Dont winch challenge vehicles have to be road legal?
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Postby isuzurob » Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:41 pm

depends what class you want to run in but mine will be anyway, have to get 1/4 of it certed in taupo cert guy here has been very helpful, then take it to hamilton to get chassis mods certed big process, was thinking of not certing and just get a wof and rego
isuzurob
Global Moderator

Postby geeves » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:01 pm

With the rules coming in soon its better to get it certed once and for all. If you are certed and dont need to recert your fine but coming soon mainly for those with big lifts is exemption cards. Ive seen some of the vehicles they are aimed at but it will be a minefield. Essentially to have a big lift you need an exemption card. To get that you need endorsement from your club that is a member of the NZ4WD Association which certifies you have good reason to need a lift. This part isnt so bad but to sell the vehicle the buyer must also get a exemption card.
My understanding is that going down to autoshop and buying replacement springs with a 50mm lift is still no issue Fitting 50mm blocks still needs normal cert but the question now arisses if you have both do you need an exemption.
The reason is the number of wagons around with huge lifts with no obvious purpose. We had a Surf in one of my clubs for a while with rego HISURF it came into the country on 39 inch tyres and a 8 inch suspension lift including diff drop the works. It was unstable on sidles and more than once I opted to winch it instead of snatch for fear of putting it on its side. A friend who is a tyre dealer refused to replace his 39 inch tyres and convinced him to fit 38s As it was every second trip cost him a diff.
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Postby isuzurob » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:11 am

yea im up with the rules work at a holden dealership, certing half in taupo then other half in hamilton as guy in taupo hasnt got quailications to cert everything im doing to it, lift rules have been around for a long time and has always been anything over factory is meant to be certed in the virm but who cares as long as its done propery
isuzurob
Global Moderator

Postby dalebroughton » Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:49 pm

holy crap that sounds like a mission so am i going to need two certs due to body being modified and another for suspention?
dalebroughton
Isuzu Junior

Postby dalebroughton » Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:52 pm

haven wrote:How come the custom tray doesn't fit mate? Oh is that how u did it? With a single cab rodeo? Are the interiors between the two identical? How about wiring? Got a coil sprung patrol that I'm putting under my mu but I'd like to go for a mini ute. Was thinking about cutting my shell into a space can sort of layout but a bit hesitant.. Big difference in room between the mu wagon and ute....
Keep me updated mate, will watch on keenly :)
uea mate a huge difference with space thats why i am making storage into the tray etc and yea just the single cab as long as you get the matching models between the mu and rodeo the only difference is the back window and roofliner wiring,body and interior are all the same and the rodeo altho it comes with a bench seat has the mounts that fit the mu single seat rails
dalebroughton
Isuzu Junior

Postby dalebroughton » Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:55 pm

isuzurob wrote:Thats annoying man cant just lift mounts on deck up or will it be to high?? no post yet sorry, yes same as yours, having trouble with cert regulations so sorting all of that before i start, i mite coil front and use a prado front diff, i already have a front and 2 rear hilux diffs with leaves and all steering linkages
you need the parado high pinion diff to get the right drive shaft angles in the front but you just cut the mounts off and put leaf mounts on if you dont want the hassle of converting to coiul sprung how much have you looked into the sas conversion do you know roughly what you have to do i have got alot of awnsers over the last few weeks and would be happy to share if you need advice
dalebroughton
Isuzu Junior

Postby isuzurob » Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:48 pm

I was going to just go leaf sprung as i have a complete front end but have found a prado complete front end now so will proberly use that along with all the hilux steering, have a hi pinion diff head, am getting a new transfer case flange made by family friend with hilux bolt pattern so i can use hilux front drive shaft for more angle as isuzu crosses are crap
isuzurob
Global Moderator

Postby dalebroughton » Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:56 pm

true thats not a silly idea either have you looked into what you are going to do with your gearbox crossmember to get it to clear?
dalebroughton
Isuzu Junior

Postby isuzurob » Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:47 pm

The cross member will clear the drive shaft, everyone modifys the g-box cross member when they use leaves in the front as the rear hangers hit it on full flex
isuzurob
Global Moderator

Postby dalebroughton » Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:57 pm

ah another usefull peice of information cheers
dalebroughton
Isuzu Junior

Postby isuzurob » Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:28 pm

I got lots of ideas but like i said wont do a write up until its fully built and tested to the limits in every way, so people have the correct information
isuzurob
Global Moderator

Postby dalebroughton » Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:58 pm

fairenough as you say wouldnt want others copying then finding it dosent work
dalebroughton
Isuzu Junior

PreviousNext

Return to Members Rigs