• Advertisement

Hamz's New Wizard (Harry)

Show us your Rig!

Re: Hamz's New Wizard (Harry)

Postby Hamzzz » Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:23 pm

yup, mine measure the same, 520 front and rear. but my last wizard had a way meaner angle on the cv's and tie rods
Hamzzz
Isuzu Junior

City: ROTORUA
Vehicle: Isuzu Wizard 96 model

Postby geeves » Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:26 pm

Dont know the history of my springs but as my bighorn with a 50mm lift has the same measure Im fairly certain that it has a lift of around 50.
How does it compare to my wagon
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=3129
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Postby Hamzzz » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:35 pm

Yours Looks about the same, and alot nicer :) it might just have new springs, but not necessarily lifted, what is the angle like on you CV's and tierods?
Hamzzz
Isuzu Junior

Postby geeves » Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:53 pm

they point slightly downwards maybe 10 degrees at most. Factory hight they would of been level
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

2013 Subaru XV

Postby Hamzzz » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:31 pm

I'm pretty sure ours are factory, measured my old wizard and it was 560mm, and that had a 40mm lift. going to goto archers tomorrow to get a pair made up.
Hamzzz
Isuzu Junior

Postby geeves » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:26 pm

didnt that have a body lift as well?
geeves
Site Admin

2013 Subaru XV

Postby Hamzzz » Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:57 pm

nah man, no body lift
Hamzzz
Isuzu Junior

Postby geeves » Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:52 pm

Archers should have the actual measurements to work out the truth
geeves
Site Admin

2013 Subaru XV

Postby isuzurob » Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:17 pm

buying cobra or off the shelf springs are far cheaper than arches
isuzurob
Global Moderator

City: Taupo
Vehicle: 1990 Isuzu Bighorn 2.8t/d, 3" extended shackles, 2" body lift, 33" silverstone extreme tyres, Front+rear bars, winch with 40m dyneex rope, 21/2 inch exhaust, lokka's front+rear, custom turbo, emissions removed, injector pump modified and more

Postby Hamzzz » Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:46 pm

Hmm, had a look on trademe. probably should have looked at cobra first. might have to call up archers and cancel my order, said today they would be ready by monday, so they must be busy and i gather they haven't started them yet. cheers rob
Hamzzz
Isuzu Junior

Postby Hamzzz » Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:28 pm

Missing the old truck

so, i didnt get the springs in the end and decided to stay stock, then i found a comment by, i think it was FORGE1, that said for a bighorn you can take the front springs out of a GQ and chop the bottom of the spring till it fits in the spring cradel thing and will give about an extra 2 1/2" can anyone confirm this?
Hamzzz
Isuzu Junior

Postby geeves » Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:24 pm

cut springs will never ever get a wof. Cant even be certified.
geeves
Site Admin

2013 Subaru XV

Postby isuzurob » Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:02 pm

funny you say that they can be certed well mine got certed in my old 2wd sedan, and have seen front patrol springs used in the rear of wizards, if you cut and paint them red or yellow no one will ever know
isuzurob
Global Moderator

Vehicle: 1990 Isuzu Bighorn 2.8t/d, 3" extended shackles, 2" body lift, 33" silverstone extreme tyres, Front+rear bars, winch with 40m dyneex rope, 21/2 inch exhaust, lokka's front+rear, custom turbo, emissions removed, injector pump modified and more

Postby geeves » Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:06 pm

Club isuzu has to be a good citizen and not recommend doing things that if not done right can be very dangerous.
There are 2 things you can do to a spring that will make it dangerous. First is heating it second is shaping the ends wrong for the mount. Get both of these right and it should be ok but using a gas axe or even angle grinder will heat the spring. Cut it with a hacksaw if you must but if you get caught noone on clubisuzu will remember who you are. Dont expect your insurance company to be able to find your file either.
I have seen a picture of a yank tank as it came into the country with an oxy lowering kit. These are very quick and simple to fit Just get out your gas torch and heat the center of the spring so it sags to the desired hight Do the other 3 springs job done. Its legal in USA
geeves
Site Admin

2013 Subaru XV

Postby Hamzzz » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:29 pm

Cheers Geeves ill use my hacksaw, Noted i don't know any of you if something happens, Isuzu Rob, good idea with the paint, ill try them first and see how they fit anyway, going to scrap the idea if they aren't looking too healthy...

Also, got some additave and engine cleaner and oil additave last week, seems to be working well and cleaning out my engine. one of the glow plugs was gunked up i suspected and wasn't warming up a chamber very quickly or well on a cold start, truck would cough and splutter, but seems to have come almost right after i have been using this stuff. its from www.neptuneproducts.co.nz if anyone is interested. its called FTC catalyst, DeSludge, and Supaslip. Engine is running noticeably quieter scince the Supaslip oil additive too :)

Thanks guys
Hamzzz
Isuzu Junior

Postby Hamzzz » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:00 pm

hmm, Rob i need to pick your brain. i got hold of some springs from a GQ front and they measure 160mm diameter, and my wizard ones measure 135-140 roughly, is it ok to put a bigger spring in the cradel? or is that a no no...

thanks

Hamz
Hamzzz
Isuzu Junior

Postby isuzurob » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:22 am

you will need to see if they sit in there and locate, they sound to round to work though, nissan are good at making everything the same but different mite be a different model
isuzurob
Global Moderator

Postby Hamzzz » Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:09 pm

well, had the brilliant idea that i would try to put the intercooler on tonight... so i got most everything off and started taking the torx screws off the turbo housing to rotate it
And then i got stuck on the last one
its the very bottom on, and i stripped the head a little, couldn't get my fancy screw driver on a straight enough angel, and my flexi neck hex bit just keep flexing haha. not strong enough to crack the nut.

So this is where i need help, and forgive me if i seem like a rertard, but how do you get the auxiliary belts off? i released the 2 bolts to hold the P/S pump in place and wound out the tentioner, but the P/S pump didn't budge and i couldn't get the belts off, i also un bolted the four bolts holding the compressor to the mounts on the engine, and fricken couldn't move it out the way because of the farken belts... rant over, so yeah, them belts...
Hamzzz
Isuzu Junior

Postby isuzurob » Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:13 pm

two 14mm bolts in the front, tensioner bolt and a 12mm or 14mm nut at the back of the power steering pump :D
isuzurob
Global Moderator

Postby Hamzzz » Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:20 pm

ohh, at the back! oh well, tomorrow nights job haha cheers
Hamzzz
Isuzu Junior

PreviousNext

Return to Members Rigs