• Advertisement

felixpowers mu finished

Show us your Rig!

felixpowers mu finished

Postby felixpower » Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:54 pm

hi guys I have finale finished my mu project. The project started with the purchase of the mu with a blown motor. Knowing this we purchased a new motor and when to work in went a two inch body lift. we made a set off rock slider a rear bar and bulbar with winch and 4 hid lights. next was the suspension two inch lifted rear spring and wound up the front end along the way we did a diff drop and in stalled an ozzy locker from independent 4x we also got crawler gears and a steering stabalizer from them. After fitting the goodies to the gearbox we in stalled the engine and box with flipped gearbox cross member and 30mm engine lift. after this came the pro fender shocks and airbags for rear axle a bonnet scoop and intercooler dual batteries snorkel and new air box. Still needs injector nozzles and a tune up
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
if its not modified its not mine
felixpower
Isuzu Baby

City: burpengary
Vehicle: 91 isuzu mu 2.8 manual 2" lift 2" body lift 1" engine and fuel tank lift home made rock sliders bullbar and rear bar 3" inch exhaust intercooler remote oil cooler winch

Re: felixpowers mu finished

Postby mrMUMU » Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:16 pm

Nice rig
mrMUMU
Isuzu Junior

City: melbourne
Vehicle: 1994 isuzu mu 2.8

Postby topgun94 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:46 pm

THats a mint looking mu Mate. What colour is that? Loving the rear bar. Was it hard to make up?
Need to come out for a run with me mate! if your only in burpengary we should have a look at glasshouse.
topgun94
Isuzu Senior

City: BRISBANE
Vehicle: 1991 ISUZU MU. 4JB1T, Boosted, Intercooled, MIG front locker, Rear LSD, Reduction Gears, Stock Height but 33" muds

Postby topgun94 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:47 pm

what is the 'remote oil cooler' for. Or is that referring to the remote res shocks.
topgun94
Isuzu Senior

Vehicle: 1991 ISUZU MU. 4JB1T, Boosted, Intercooled, MIG front locker, Rear LSD, Reduction Gears, Stock Height but 33" muds

Postby slightlydodgy » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:02 am

Nice job
Tremble With Fear I've Just Had an Idea
slightlydodgy
Global Moderator

City: Opunake
Vehicle: Missing my 1990 2.6 petrol crew cab rodeo 50mm body lift, 45mm engine and box lift, heavy duty springs, 75mm suspension lift, 32 x 11.5 dueler mts and front bar and snorkel by slightlydodgy Currently Isuzuless

Postby felixpower » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:15 am

the colour is gun metal grey factory colour. the rear bar is made out off 150 x 50 rhs with compression tubes where the bolt go through to prevent it from crushing the tow points bolt to 75 x 75 angle iron welded to chassis and braced I also cut the rear guards too. I would be interested in glass house run after tuned up. there are two auto trans cooler bolted to the back off bull bar for remote oil cooler with there own pump from sump this was dun because I removed the factory cooler and lowered oil filter to fit dump pipe.
felixpower
Isuzu Baby

Vehicle: 91 isuzu mu 2.8 manual 2" lift 2" body lift 1" engine and fuel tank lift home made rock sliders bullbar and rear bar 3" inch exhaust intercooler remote oil cooler winch

Postby felixpower » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:26 am

p.s. in the photo off shock you can see the filter without oil cooler and in the front shot the new coolers just below the winch they also have there own thermo fans I plan on boosting it hard
felixpower
Isuzu Baby

Postby MUVIT » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:45 am

#1- Love this Colour.
#2- The Front bar would have to be one of the best ive seen made up for MU.
As most of us relie on butchering a rodeo tjm or arb one suit.
#3- What brand are those remote res shocks are running? never seen any for MU/Rodeo before unless it was a SAS custom buildup.
#4- Can you make me set of those rock sliders for my MU?
#5- I like how you swapped the Air filter with the start battery around. it makes the bay look more user friendy.
#6- Currious why you lifted the engine & gearbox 30mm...
#7 - My brother has 4 spare 2.8td injectors, i can ask if he want to sell em if your keen
MUVIT
Isuzu Guru

City: Darwin
Vehicle: Isuzu MU 96

Postby MUVIT » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:50 am

Can you post a pic up of the drivers side of the engine.
keen to see the dump pipe & snorkel filter setup
MUVIT
Isuzu Guru

City: Darwin
Vehicle: Isuzu MU 96

Postby geeves » Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:53 pm

love the intercooler scoop
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Postby slightlydodgy » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:37 pm

MUVIT wrote:#6- Currious why you lifted the engine & gearbox 30mm...

That would be about enough to lift the bottom of the transfer case to the level of the bottom of the chassis and take that annoying hump out of the bash plate
Tremble With Fear I've Just Had an Idea
slightlydodgy
Global Moderator

City: Opunake
Vehicle: Missing my 1990 2.6 petrol crew cab rodeo 50mm body lift, 45mm engine and box lift, heavy duty springs, 75mm suspension lift, 32 x 11.5 dueler mts and front bar and snorkel by slightlydodgy Currently Isuzuless

Postby felixpower » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:45 pm

you got that right slightlydodgy the engine gear box lift was 25mm gearbox mount 30 mm left hand engine mount and 45 mm right engine mount. this was done so that the rear tail shaft stayed as low as possible and trans case as high as possible I also cut the guard up and lifted it to. this also help with the three inch exhaust
felixpower
Isuzu Baby

Postby felixpower » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:54 pm

hi muvit the remote reserve shocks are from profender from http://www.superiorengineering.com.au/p ... s_id=18315 I could make you slider but I would need your truck here and you need to have 2 inch body lift for them to work. here some pics off intake and better shot off front shocks. In the shot you can see where I move washer bottle and the connection to battery it is the wire that goes to starter
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
felixpower
Isuzu Baby

Postby felixpower » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:03 pm

I like the bonnet scope too greeves my brothers think its agricultural this just makes me like it more :lol: :lol: :lol:
felixpower
Isuzu Baby

Postby topgun94 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:14 pm

did you cut and weld diff brackets or did you spacer drop?
What is the advantage of remote res on IFS front?
Definetly keen on a glass house run mate.
topgun94
Isuzu Senior

Postby felixpower » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:22 pm

I did a cut and weld I have spare brackets for diff I could cut and weld for you exchange. the remote res more cooling good on corrugated roads.
felixpower
Isuzu Baby

Return to Members Rigs