• Advertisement

FEZ

Show us your Rig!

FEZ

Postby blairreed » Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:06 pm

So I brought fez as my first project car/truck its perfect for the job good enough its worth spending money on but rough enough I dont care if I stuff it up to much.
Fez's previous owner was a mate of mine and he brought it from a farmer so the trucks had a hard life but been looked after.
The guy I got it off didn't have the money to spend on it to fix it so was going to send it to the scrappy but I manged to save it, its to good to rust away in a field.
So far all I have done is driven it off the trailer and up the drive where I started working on making it road legal again.
there's was a big list of things that needed to be fixed for wof but its now down to just the chip in the window and the hand break.
Fez is a 1993 MU with a 2.8 turbo engine with 250.000ks on the clock and a massive rear bar for some strange reason but a tiny nudge bar on the front.

Suspension: 2" shackle lift in rear with longer shocks, front torsion bars wound up and ball joint flip. After market shocks all round.
Body Lift: N/a
Tyres/Wheels: 31" A/T
Traction Aids: N/a
Bullbar: Nudge bar
Spot lights and Lighting: Two SCA 50w spot lights
Communications/GPS: Navman, CB, PLB.
Dual Batteries: N/a
Engine: 2.8 Turbo diesel
Exhaust: Stock
Sound system: Speakers added in rear and after market head unit.
External: Snorkel already on the way, Rear bar, High lift jack mount on spear tire, Front and rear tow points added.
Internal: Carpets removed, Added cigarette charger.

Todo list/dream list.
Fix oil leaks.
Timing belt change.
Diff breathers extended to snorkel.
33" LED BAR and LED lights in rear bullbar.
Custom front bull bar and winch.
EGR Removal to make room for dual battery.
Catch Can.
Top mount Intercooler.

"adventure is the respectful pursuit of trouble"
blairreed
Isuzu Baby

City: Christchurch
Vehicle: 1993 MU

Re: FEZ

Postby blairreed » Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:41 pm

*Update*

So the mu is now road legal and I have taken it on a few trips.
I'm loving driving it but the main rear engine seal is leaking onto the clutch so its slipping when I give it to much revs so it looks like its back in the garage for a while.

Anyway here is a few photos of it now, slowly getting to a stage where I'm happy with it. Starting to look more like a 4wd and less like a daily driver that gets used for towing the boat twice a year :P

"adventure is the respectful pursuit of trouble"
blairreed
Isuzu Baby

City: Christchurch
Vehicle: 1993 MU

Return to Members Rigs