Suspension:stock munroe
Body Lift:2"
Tyres/Wheels:33' archilles xmt
Traction Aids: lsd
Bullbar: factory nudge
Engine:4jg2
Exhaust:stock
Sound system:stock

hey guys here is my 96 wizard , it started out as just something to go to the river or the beach in (like that lasts long before you want more) then i started going out with a few of the local 4x4 guys up river and decided i needed to modify it a bit even tho it kept up pretty well in its stock form and on road tyres

the main problem with the wizard was it was pretty low to the ground for a 4x4 so i decided that needed to change so first off i done a 40mm suspension lift and wound up the torsions , i still havnt done the ball joint flip yet but i will when i get bored one day

i still wasnt happy with the ground clearence so figured i needed bigger tyres from the factory 245/65/16s that it was on but to fit bigger tyres i needed a body lift so ordered a lwb bighorn kit off trade me and got to work with a mate one night and after many rums we got it finished and looked good but not on stock wheels and tyres
the only problem with the body lift is now i cant get the selector into 4L , unsure what is stopping it any ideas?

so i went down to the local tyre shop and got a pretty good deal on a set of 15' rims and some 33' archilles xmt tyres

next on the list is a snorkel and a winch bar and a winch and some lights for some night time fun

Hamdog
Isuzu Junior

City: Napier
Vehicle: 96 Isuzu wizard

Re: Hamdog's 96 wizard

Postby geeves » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:24 pm

Why are you pulling that Mu backwards into the water?
Low selector might need a little trimming of gearbox tunnel or bending the selector or both
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Postby Hamdog » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:43 pm

geeves wrote:Why are you pulling that Mu backwards into the water?
Low selector might need a little trimming of gearbox tunnel or bending the selector or both

ummm he wasnt wet enough so i tried pulling him in ....... lol ,it turned out i was only in 2wd when i crossed there , couldnt figure out why i got stuck since i had just gone through that exact spot 5 mins earlier, wasnt till i got out i realised haha

thought that may be the case . i can get it into 4L but i have to hold it tightly in there or it pops out as soon as i start going forward, so if i take it out and bend it straighter it should be fine?
Hamdog
Isuzu Junior

City: Napier
Vehicle: 96 Isuzu wizard

Postby geeves » Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:05 pm

pretty much Others have more experiance on this than me though. Ive never been a fan of body lifts.
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Return to Members Rigs