• Advertisement

my 91 Irmscher R

Show us your Rig!

my 91 Irmscher R

Postby tertle » Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:00 pm

Description:
A very novice 4x4 driver, done a very little bit whilst overseas for 6 months but nothing serious.......soon to change i hope! was purchased via Trademe paid 3750, its done 120,000kms only had it three weeks, Its a 91 Irmscher R, very tidy on the inside and all original

Modifications and Accessories:

Suspension: stock standard
Body Lift: nothing yet but want to raise it an inch or two
Tyres/Wheels: 4 x 32 inch Mudstars 32x11.5 r15 and the spare is a 32x11.5 Kenda
Traction Aids: (LSD, auto lockers or Air/electric lockers etc) Faith and hope!
Bullbar: stock
Spot lights and Lighting: stock but ordering in some stuff off Aliexpress
Communications/GPS: wind down the window and yell at this stage
Dual Batteries: not yet but on the list to do
Engine: 4JB1 2.8t Automatic
Exhaust:
Sound system: again the origin sounds
External: added the roof rack
Internal: had an immobiliser fitted, have had the turbo and fuel delivery timing done, flushed radiator and had air con re-gased flushed and bled brakes
Others: in the process of getting all the add ons like compressor, winch, recovery gear, not sure of what radio (coms) to get, going around to a mates this weekend (mike Andersons) and going over a list of things

list of things to get sorted next tighten front wheel bearing, replace right front CV boot, service transmission and it has a very small leak at input to power steering box

BUT its getting there slowly and i am absolutely loving having a 4x4 again
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tertle
Isuzu Junior

City: Christchurch
Vehicle: 1991 2.8TD Irmscher R, 32" Mudstars, rear auto lokka, UHF radio, Bullbars, Roof Basket, Immobiliser, recovery points, cargo barrier, manual conversion (TBC) Dual Battery (nearly finished), recore radiator, filters, Winch to be fitted, EGR blanked off, windows tinted, kick arse draws,

1990 Isuzu Trooper LWB 5 speed Manual......... Rebuilt top end, replaced all the seals, hoses and belts, 32" Bridgestone duellers MT, LSD, snorkel, 2" shackle lift, ball joint flip and tortion lift, manual hubs, breather tubes all round, tinted, UHF CB, about to put in dual battery,

Re: my 91 Irmscher R

Postby geeves » Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:52 am

so you did buy it.
Looks nice and shiney
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Re: my 91 Irmscher R

Postby tertle » Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:29 am

Just come back from mikes, a small list of things to add or alter, he took it for a wee drive.......think he is looking to get one himself now :)

yes nice and shiney but hopefully not for too much longer, need to join a 4x4 club!
tertle
Isuzu Junior

City: Christchurch
Vehicle: 1991 2.8TD Irmscher R, 32" Mudstars, rear auto lokka, UHF radio, Bullbars, Roof Basket, Immobiliser, recovery points, cargo barrier, manual conversion (TBC) Dual Battery (nearly finished), recore radiator, filters, Winch to be fitted, EGR blanked off, windows tinted, kick arse draws,

1990 Isuzu Trooper LWB 5 speed Manual......... Rebuilt top end, replaced all the seals, hoses and belts, 32" Bridgestone duellers MT, LSD, snorkel, 2" shackle lift, ball joint flip and tortion lift, manual hubs, breather tubes all round, tinted, UHF CB, about to put in dual battery,

Return to Members Rigs