• Advertisement

I've gone and bought another!!!!

Show us your Rig!

I've gone and bought another!!!!

Postby tertle » Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:22 pm

Yup, was out getting some spare parts at Gavins when he mentioned that he had an old Isuzu Trooper sitting out the back, at best blown head gasket at worst well, you can guess!

So as we were out looking for CV Joints etc we decided to go further out the back and here was this rather bedraggled looked old girl, a 2.6 Petrol 5 Speed 1991 or 90 ( a little confusion as Car Jam says 90 but 6 gear auto, and this IS a manual rego says 91?) Isuzu Trooper, NZ New, one owner with papers, 4ZE1 chassis number UB517K4KZ18930 with a shit load of bird shit and crap all over it. Opened the bonnet and promptly asked where is the rest of it!!!!! seriously compared to my 91 Irmscher there was so much room,

had a bit of a joke with Gavin that it would be the ideal truck to learn on as it IS BASIC....wind up windows, no air con, just old school!

went home and had a chat to the other half, she thought it was a great idea and a wonderful opportunity........

waited a couple of weeks and went back to Gavin and we had a chat, now its mine

Yes in that time i looked at all the reports around the 4ZE1 engines and realised what i was getting into, given that i can only just replace a CV Boot etc i think i should really be honest and say....i don't actually know what I'm getting myself into!!

so here she is, top one is after a bit of a clean!!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tertle
Isuzu Junior

City: Christchurch
Vehicle: 1991 2.8TD Irmscher R, 32" Mudstars, rear auto lokka, UHF radio, Bullbars, Roof Basket, Immobiliser, recovery points, cargo barrier, manual conversion (TBC) Dual Battery (nearly finished), recore radiator, filters, Winch to be fitted, EGR blanked off, windows tinted, kick arse draws,

1990 Isuzu Trooper LWB 5 speed Manual......... Rebuilt top end, replaced all the seals, hoses and belts, 32" Bridgestone duellers MT, LSD, snorkel, 2" shackle lift, ball joint flip and tortion lift, manual hubs, breather tubes all round, tinted, UHF CB, about to put in dual battery,

Re: I've gone and bought another!!!!

Postby isuzurob » Thu Mar 10, 2016 2:59 pm

Looks good, best thing to do is get a dereg diesel 1 and swap it all over into the petrol shell
isuzurob
Global Moderator

City: Taupo
Vehicle: 1990 Isuzu Bighorn 2.8t/d, 3" extended shackles, 2" body lift, 33" silverstone extreme tyres, Front+rear bars, winch with 40m dyneex rope, 21/2 inch exhaust, lokka's front+rear, custom turbo, emissions removed, injector pump modified and more

Postby tertle » Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:16 pm

yeah in two minds, i wouldn't mind learning how to get this up and running but i can also see the benefit of Diesel engine......
tertle
Isuzu Junior

Vehicle: 1991 2.8TD Irmscher R, 32" Mudstars, rear auto lokka, UHF radio, Bullbars, Roof Basket, Immobiliser, recovery points, cargo barrier, manual conversion (TBC) Dual Battery (nearly finished), recore radiator, filters, Winch to be fitted, EGR blanked off, windows tinted, kick arse draws,

1990 Isuzu Trooper LWB 5 speed Manual......... Rebuilt top end, replaced all the seals, hoses and belts, 32" Bridgestone duellers MT, LSD, snorkel, 2" shackle lift, ball joint flip and tortion lift, manual hubs, breather tubes all round, tinted, UHF CB, about to put in dual battery,

Postby tertle » Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:50 pm

ahhhh! just worked out the confusion with the Vin..... its been reregistered with a new plate and for some reason its held the same vin for both???? rookie mistake
tertle
Isuzu Junior

Postby isuzurob » Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:35 am

Thats normal, if its been vinned in nz and then deregd, they always use the same vin, i imported 2 utes from aussie and they used the aussie vins
isuzurob
Global Moderator

City: Taupo
Vehicle: 1990 Isuzu Bighorn 2.8t/d, 3" extended shackles, 2" body lift, 33" silverstone extreme tyres, Front+rear bars, winch with 40m dyneex rope, 21/2 inch exhaust, lokka's front+rear, custom turbo, emissions removed, injector pump modified and more

Postby tertle » Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:36 pm

Thanks for that, just trying to work out what limited info was on the chassis and the LS notation on the side of the truck means or stands for?

Next week will see what the head is like, then its a case of will we go petrol or look to diesel? as a learning exercise the petrol should the head be cracked or buggered would possibly be the better option, but the Diesel option has its merits too!
tertle
Isuzu Junior

Postby tertle » Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:21 pm

Well still pottering away on the old girl, finally got the head off, and for someone who couldn't change a cv boot no mean task!! radiator is out and off to get tested, the radiator had absolutely no sign of anti freeze and the scale through out the coolant system was unbelievable! Going to replace all the seals and gaskets where I can, it's been steep learning but very rewarding and fun!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tertle
Isuzu Junior

Return to Members Rigs