• Advertisement

Licence Plate Relocator with Light

No...changes to your body and chassis due to carnage does not count

Licence Plate Relocator with Light

Postby Thoughtscape » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:22 am

Hi Guys,
Recently moved to Canberra and one thing ACT is infamous for are the carpark police. They haunt carparks with their evil little ticket book and anything slightly amiss they say, "Ooo! theres one!" Anyway, apparently my licence plate is obscured and the vehicle is now defective. After 20 years in the family through 3 states. With no issue. Having passed the registration pits every time.

Go figure.

Anyhoo, so the cameras can see my number plate if I ever speed I am chasing a Licence Plater Relocator WITH light. I've seen them in the US but apparently I have 13 days to have to rectified. If anyone knows of a an australian/nz supplier of such a device, please let me know! Its getting urgent.

Thanks for your help guys!

Mick
Thoughtscape
Isuzu Baby

City: Melbourne
Vehicle: My Baby:
1991 Isuzu MU
4JG2 with Intercooler and Scoop
Metallic Ocean Blue

Re: Licence Plate Relocator with Light

Postby geeves » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:54 pm

Is it broken?
If not why have they failed it? At a guess because the number plate is partially concealed by the spare wheel.
Are you in Canbera long term? If not spare wheel and bracket in the boot problem gone
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Postby Thoughtscape » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:42 pm

Not broken, and yeah the obscuring the number plate thing.. just after years driving like that someone thought "hey whats this all about then!" Worse case scenario I'll put spare in boot but there is no boot to speak of. Its a Mu lol and it would have to be upright in the back which would roll left and right and/or obscure my rear vision mirror. Could fold the back seats down but that would wreck them after a while. And block my rear vision. Such a mountain out of a molehill.

Working in Canberra during the week, living in Sydney. Gonna check out ARB this arvo but apparently they don't have any/much of their products in there. Seriously? lol
Thoughtscape
Isuzu Baby

1991 Isuzu MU
Metallic Ocean Blue

Postby muzila » Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:36 pm

The First thing I would be doing is questioning the anticts of the idiot that wrote the ticket. They kan't just do that unless there is a law stating it can be done. Secondly I can't see how it is partaily obscured. If it is then every vehicle that has its wheel on the back is illegal! DONT THINK SO!

Go to the authorities!!! Get a clear and decisive ruling on it.
muzila
Site Admin

City: Christchurch
Vehicle: 1991 2.8 TD Mu

Postby slightlydodgy » Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:02 pm

I had a mate with a similar problem a few years ago he had a falcon ute and a cop tried to do him for an obscured licence plate (tow ball in the way) He won when the cop saw that it was a ford original towbar
Tremble With Fear I've Just Had an Idea
slightlydodgy
Global Moderator

City: Opunake
Vehicle: Missing my 1990 2.6 petrol crew cab rodeo 50mm body lift, 45mm engine and box lift, heavy duty springs, 75mm suspension lift, 32 x 11.5 dueler mts and front bar and snorkel by slightlydodgy Currently Isuzuless

Postby geeves » Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:59 pm

Even in NZ if you read the fine print the spare wheel set up is ileagal becaus it obscures the tail lights from certain angles. Its mostly let through though as its factory. If its a problem it should of been pinged when imported
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

2013 Subaru XV

Postby Thoughtscape » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:30 pm

Lol, I've gotten a clear and decisive ruling. Fix it or have my registration cancelled. lol so, yeah it does obscure it and I've come to accept the fact something needs to be done. Whether I can get it done it time is another story! lol I've seen those brackets to put the licence plate on the spare and it looks way better. Gonna see about getting a metal fabricator to do one up. Bought a licence light from super cheap. Gonna try and get a guy to have a look at it tomorrow. Boggles the mind how 'specific' the shop bought ones are. A generic plate with either 5 or 6 raised bolt holes in it to allow for different spare brackets would do. But does anyone have any?
Thoughtscape
Isuzu Baby

1991 Isuzu MU
Metallic Ocean Blue

Postby geeves » Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:51 pm

spare on a roof rack?
geeves
Site Admin

2013 Subaru XV

Return to Body and Chassis