• Advertisement

TF rodeo 2" body lift

No...changes to your body and chassis due to carnage does not count

TF rodeo 2" body lift

Postby magicdeo » Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:54 pm

G'day,
Thinking of doing a 2" body lift on my 97 rodeo 4JB1T but I have heard that I will have trouble with the gear sticks hitting the plastic shroud that sits around them. Is there any way to overcome this? Will lengthening the gear sticks work?
Cheers
magicdeo
Isuzu Junior

City: Newcastle
Vehicle: 1997 Holden Rodeo

Re: TF rodeo 2" body lift

Postby isuzurob » Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:58 pm

can do 30mm without issues, 50mm have to extend gearlevers, lower radiator and get a steering shaft extension or cut and weld the steering shaft
isuzurob
Global Moderator

City: Taupo
Vehicle: 1990 Isuzu Bighorn 2.8t/d, 3" extended shackles, 2" body lift, 33" silverstone extreme tyres, Front+rear bars, winch with 40m dyneex rope, 21/2 inch exhaust, lokka's front+rear, custom turbo, emissions removed, injector pump modified and more

Postby magicdeo » Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:23 pm

Cheers isuzurob! So extending the gear sticks will fix the issue with them?
magicdeo
Isuzu Junior

Postby slightlydodgy » Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:00 pm

You may have to bend them foward. When I first did the lift I couldn't use 2nd or 4th
Tremble With Fear I've Just Had an Idea
slightlydodgy
Global Moderator

City: Opunake
Vehicle: Missing my 1990 2.6 petrol crew cab rodeo 50mm body lift, 45mm engine and box lift, heavy duty springs, 75mm suspension lift, 32 x 11.5 dueler mts and front bar and snorkel by slightlydodgy Currently Isuzuless

Postby isuzurob » Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:25 am

yes need to cut and weld the gear sticks, i tried bending them at the start, it just burnt the rubber out of the gear stick lever, just cut the small rod coming out of the gearbox and weld a piece of rod same length as the lift in, just tack them at the start as you will have to adjust them
isuzurob
Global Moderator

City: Taupo
Vehicle: 1990 Isuzu Bighorn 2.8t/d, 3" extended shackles, 2" body lift, 33" silverstone extreme tyres, Front+rear bars, winch with 40m dyneex rope, 21/2 inch exhaust, lokka's front+rear, custom turbo, emissions removed, injector pump modified and more

Postby muzila » Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:09 pm

isuzurob wrote:yes need to cut and weld the gear sticks, i tried bending them at the start, it just burnt the rubber out of the gear stick lever, just cut the small rod coming out of the gearbox and weld a piece of rod same length as the lift in, just tack them at the start as you will have to adjust them

Ha Ha Ha Just make sure you remember to weld them... Don't rely on the tacks holding. lol I found that out when I replaced a gearbox with one out of a "lifted" truck. Thought great I won't have to muck around with gearstick when I do my body lift. Only problem was the tacks let go just as I was heading out for duck shooting opening weekend. Full trailer, Full Mu, 100 meters down the road and low and behold I have a gearstick in my hand and not attached to the gearbox. This is a year AFTER changing said gearbox..... I tell ya its not easy driving with just 2 inches of stick popping out of the box..... :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

The previous owner / modifier had just tacked an extension into it but never welded it up fully. Took me 3 hours to get it sorted then finally made it duck shooting. lol. :shock: :shock: :shock:
muzila
Site Admin

City: Christchurch
Vehicle: 1991 2.8 TD Mu

Postby geeves » Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:16 am

Didnt you have a nice long tube with you that you could of popped down insde the gear stick? Nice wooden handle on top as well. :twisted:
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Postby magicdeo » Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:08 pm

isuzurob wrote:yes need to cut and weld the gear sticks, i tried bending them at the start, it just burnt the rubber out of the gear stick lever, just cut the small rod coming out of the gearbox and weld a piece of rod same length as the lift in, just tack them at the start as you will have to adjust them

Did yours need bending after you extended them?
magicdeo
Isuzu Junior

Return to Body and Chassis