• Advertisement

Bonnet release cable

No...changes to your body and chassis due to carnage does not count

Bonnet release cable

Postby tertle » Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:50 pm

Well my first issue has cropped up and its annoying me!

took the weee beast in the making off to get an immobiliser, that went splendidly..... now the annoying bit as we were driving away down the road the bonnet sort of sprung up a tad!

so I stop, in short the bonnet release cable wont work... the small catch that holds on to the bonnet thingy wont spring back into place and hold said thingy in place! ( I have warned people that im as technical as a two bob watch!) I can hold the latch inside the truck and pull on it and the cable will come back and then the latch will pull back but it wont return?

how hard is this to fix and will it cause me much grief to fix?
tertle
Isuzu Junior

City: Christchurch
Vehicle: 1991 2.8TD Irmscher R, 32" Mudstars, rear auto lokka, UHF radio, Bullbars, Roof Basket, Immobiliser, recovery points, cargo barrier, manual conversion (TBC) Dual Battery (nearly finished), recore radiator, filters, Winch to be fitted, EGR blanked off, windows tinted, kick arse draws,

1990 Isuzu Trooper LWB 5 speed Manual......... Rebuilt top end, replaced all the seals, hoses and belts, 32" Bridgestone duellers MT, LSD, snorkel, 2" shackle lift, ball joint flip and tortion lift, manual hubs, breather tubes all round, tinted, UHF CB, about to put in dual battery,

Re: Bonnet release cable

Postby dani4jb1t » Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:30 am

try re-lubing the latch mechanism, check the proper work of the spring, check for bends at the plate that holds the latch as well the hook, check the cable is properly fitted under the dash, check the bonnet rubber stops adjustment.
dani4jb1t
Isuzu Junior

City: Antofagasta
Vehicle: '93 TFS55, Solid front axle, Dual fuel tank, On board air system, Teralow 3:1, 235/85/R16

Postby danz20 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:58 am

if you have just had the alarmn fited check where and how they have mounted the bonnet pin switch and for any damage where they have run the wiring through the fire wall may have something to do woth the way the switch is mounted though
danz20
Isuzu Junior

City: auckland
Vehicle: 1996 swb bighorn 3.1 manual

Postby geeves » Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:44 pm

Mine jammed in the cable. There isnt much you can do beyond spaying crc at each end.
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Postby tertle » Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:35 pm

geeves wrote:Mine jammed in the cable. There isnt much you can do beyond spaying crc at each end.

Yup and not a cheap repair sadly :( owell all sorted and onto the next adventure
tertle
Isuzu Junior

City: Christchurch
Vehicle: 1991 2.8TD Irmscher R, 32" Mudstars, rear auto lokka, UHF radio, Bullbars, Roof Basket, Immobiliser, recovery points, cargo barrier, manual conversion (TBC) Dual Battery (nearly finished), recore radiator, filters, Winch to be fitted, EGR blanked off, windows tinted, kick arse draws,

1990 Isuzu Trooper LWB 5 speed Manual......... Rebuilt top end, replaced all the seals, hoses and belts, 32" Bridgestone duellers MT, LSD, snorkel, 2" shackle lift, ball joint flip and tortion lift, manual hubs, breather tubes all round, tinted, UHF CB, about to put in dual battery,

Postby geeves » Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:07 am

can of crc doesnt cost much
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Return to Body and Chassis