• Advertisement

Body Lift/LVV Cert

No...changes to your body and chassis due to carnage does not count

Body Lift/LVV Cert

Postby codynapper » Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:03 am

Hey Guys,
Been hunting on trademe and found a 2" body lift, which has me wondering, Has anyone on here used one of these kits and if so did you require a cert and did you need to extend anything else when you lifted it?

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-pa ... 664624.htm

Cheers lots
Cody
codynapper
Isuzu Baby

City: Auckland
Vehicle: 1998 Isuzu Wizard

Re: Body Lift/LVV Cert

Postby geeves » Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:32 am

Body lifts always require certification. In saying that though 3/4 of body lifted cars get wofs without cert or issue. The catch comes when you swerve to miss a kid and your truck falls over. Mr Plod says illegal mods heres a bill Insurance says illegal mods we cancelled your policy 10 seconds before the crash.
Some trucks need the gearstick bent but not all and everything else should be fine. Check the brake lines seatbelt mounts and steering linkage though
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Postby tonkamu » Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:03 pm

I'm currently putting in 50mm spaces in the mounts, I've run into bit of a problem. The smaller rear mounts that's the one closer to the rear wheels, both bolts were seized and I've snapped one off, ive left the other attached.
If I cut a hole above each mount in the floor of my boot will I have access to the top of the nut? plan to die grind/cut the nut off.

This is for a 2.8 MU 1991
tonkamu
Isuzu Senior

City: Auckland
Vehicle: 2.8 Mu 1991 All Black. MODS - Rear Lifted 2.5" Lovells Leafs / Rear Auto Locker / LSD in front / 33x12.5x15 MT Achilles / 9500 RUNVA w plug n kills switch inside cab / EGT, Voltage, Turbo timer, Boost gauge / 20 PSI VF10 Turbo with VF10 exhaust housing 2.5" downpipe with merged 2" wastegate pipe to full 2.5" straight pipe / GFB Boost Tap / Maxed fuel with grinded down cable stop / Adjusted Boost Compensator / 3.1 Oil Cooler / Intercooled / 3" Custom intake to sealed K&N airbox & filter to Snorkel / Catch Can / Xtreme Outback HD clutch / 80 amp alt / RockfordFosgate 300rms AMP w 2X Rockford Power 6x9's BT HDeck / all EGR, QWS, AC pump deleted.

Postby geeves » Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:35 am

The other way would be drill and retap from the bottom. Both ways would be a horrible job but less chances for wof man or certifyer to complain if you dont cut the floor near the mount
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Return to Body and Chassis