• Advertisement

Roof Trim removal

For faults and questions about your body and chassis

Re: Roof Trim removal

Postby daisy » Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:08 pm

Should only be held in with double sided tape but still can be hard to get out. Start at one end and pull up you can use a screw driver to pri it up but if you break the paint make shaw you touch it up or it will rust.little bit at a time and you'll get it :)
daisy
Isuzu Senior

City: Wellington
Vehicle: '94 Isuzu Mu 3.1 auto

Postby Getafix » Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:23 pm

Hi All

I realise that this is an old thread but was hoping that there will be a wise mind somewhere out there.
I have a '90, 2.8, 5 speed manual 4JB1-T Isuzu MU.
Comman problem, I know. The sunroof leaks. I have cleared the drain pipes and the drain holes, but still get water pooling inside the roof liner after a heavy shower.
I had begun to take the liner off to trace the source, but have got stuck at the rear view mirror. I can't seem to fiqure out how to remove it.

Can anyone help please as some people find it amusing that I get a shower out of the liner when I take a left hand corner in the rain.
Some sources I have found suggest that the rear view mirror stalk needs to be turned to the passenger side and then unclips, others suggest to remove the plastic or rubber spacer and undo the screws. Neither of these seem to work and I am hesitent to put a hammer to it so close to the windscreen

Cheers. Simon
Getafix
Isuzu Baby

City: Auckland
Vehicle: 1990 MU 2.8 TD

Postby geeves » Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:47 pm

Just tried this on the Mu Im wrecking It does twist to either side but takes a fair force. Put a rag folded into a pad over the mirror and give it a good wack with the heal of your hand to the side and it will pop.
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Postby Getafix » Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:57 am

Geeves, Thanks for the quick response. I will give this a go on the weekend, If the Auckland weather plays along. Until then I will be showering in my MU.

Cheers
Getafix
Isuzu Baby

Postby liamhanigan » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:34 am

I'd check the seals around the mechanism that lifts the sunroof too. I had water coming in through mine, had to remove the sunroof and about 8 screws to remove the lifter, cleaned and re-lined with gasket silicone.
liamhanigan
Isuzu Baby

City: Melbourne
Vehicle: 1992 Isuzu MU, 2.8 TD, Manual

Postby Getafix » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:35 am

Yip, I was planning to check all the possible suspects and remedy any issues that I found.
So far, I have found some of the drains to be clogged (now Cleared) and the sill drains in the bottom of the body blocked (also cleared).
Getafix
Isuzu Baby

Return to Body and Chassis