• Advertisement

Water leak

For faults and questions about your body and chassis

Water leak

Postby nocturnalsoldier » Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:54 pm

i have been having a problem with my 1990 isuzu bighorn, i recently took it into a garage to get the brakes done and got them to look at a problem where everytime it rains the front passenger fllor and front drivers floor of the vehicle gets wet, but the mechanic said that he cant find the leak, it looks like it is coming from the left and right A pillars below the window screen but he said i need to take it to a panel beaters as he cannot find exactly where it is coming from.... what do you think?
nocturnalsoldier
Isuzu Baby

City: palmerston north
Vehicle: 1990 isuzu beasthorn

Re: Water leak

Postby geeves » Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:43 pm

mine did that. On mine running a bead of sealant along the inside of the join between the inner guard and the firewall under the dash fixed it but there is always the risk that water is now getting in and not back out. No rust after 10 years since the repair so it must be ok. Getting at it means pushing the seat back as far as it will go then lying on the seat with your head under the dash. Dont let your chiropractor see a photo of you working on this one
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Postby shane0nz » Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:00 pm

anybody have the same on there MU? passengers side
shane0nz
Isuzu Baby

City: whakatane
Vehicle: 95 isuzu mu 3.1

Postby isuzurob » Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:49 pm

more than likely your sunroof drains are blocked
isuzurob
Global Moderator

City: Taupo
Vehicle: 1990 Isuzu Bighorn 2.8t/d, 3" extended shackles, 2" body lift, 33" silverstone extreme tyres, Front+rear bars, winch with 40m dyneex rope, 21/2 inch exhaust, lokka's front+rear, custom turbo, emissions removed, injector pump modified and more

Postby LeKestral » Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:24 pm

mines having this issue now. The sunroof drains were blocked... cleared them with compressed air.
Now everytime it rains now (a lot lately!!!) and i drive forward it empties it all over mine and my passenger's feet.

So seal it up? Geeves... is this something you could help me find the right spot
Cheers
LeKestral
Isuzu Baby

City: Wellington
Vehicle: 1992 Isuzu Mu

Postby geeves » Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:19 pm

If its leaking that same seal the water runs down the firewall onto the floor not all over your feet. If you have rust in the channel below the vent in front of the windscreen you get what you have. It might just be blocked with leaves though
Sanding your knuckles before starting work can help. That way you cant skin them
geeves
Site Admin

City: Rangiora
Vehicle: 94 bighorn 4jg2
2013 Subaru XV

Return to Body and Chassis